LUX* Belle Mare belongs to the LUX* Resorts & Hotels portfolio of properties, a stunning selection aiming to deliver lighter and brighter hospitality than any of its competitors. This is achieved through a simple, fresh and sensory approach – whether across all four restaurants with cuisine ranging from local fare to all over the world, or via the lively entertainment provided in the beach bar, or in the LUX* Me concept of the resort’s spa that combines fitness, nutrition and retreats. Then there are the signature LUX* experiences around the hotel… enjoy a homemade ice cream packed full of tropical fruits & flavours or you might find a message in a bottle inviting you to a spa treatment. Service standards here are truly superb, in their attention to detail.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
LUX* Belle Mare is located on the eastern coast of Mauritius, set in gorgeous gardens of tropical trees and flowers close to the charming village of Belle Mare. It is approximately an hour from the airport, which is in the south of the island.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LUX* BELLE MARE:
The main facilities of LUX* Belle Mare extend from the farthest area inland as far as the ocean front. They comprise spa, teens’ club, kids’ club, gym, conference room, then bars and restaurants nearest to the sea. An additional restaurant is positioned almost on the beach, while most of the other eating places overlook the magnificent spacious swimming pool. Finally, there is a boat house on the coastline and tennis courts just a short walk from the kids’ club. This is a very well set-out resort
Guest accommodation occupies the gardens either side of the main facilities, forming rows and crescents of villas and suites. Guests choose from eight types of suite and three categories of villa, according to their favoured view and level of luxury overall. All options are air conditioned and include large bathroom with walk-in shower, safe, mini bar, flatscreen TV and DVD player, IDD telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi – and private balcony or terrace to enjoy the view. The villas boast private pools, with Prestige Villas offering private patio and garden too! Constructed from wood and thatch, all buildings blend beautifully into their surroundings with splashes of colour on a calm neutral base.
ACTIVITIES AT LUX* BELLE MARE:
LUX* Belle Mare offers an excellent assortment of activities.
- Free from the boathouse and dive centre, are such watersports as windsurfing, waterskiing, snorkelling, kayaking, glass-bottom boat trips and pedal boats.
- Guests pay extra to enjoy fishing, diving, and swimming with dolphins in the west-coast bays of Black River and Tamarin.
- Land activities include tennis, table tennis, beach volleyball, pétanques, and golf on two courses nearby.
- Hiking or biking is a great way to explore the local area, with its pretty villages and wooded hills.
- Back at the resort, the gym is fully equipped with the latest in Technogym, while the kids’ club and teens’ club have plenty for young guests to do – beach games, culinary school, DJ-ing and adventure tours, for example.