Owned and managed by Willie and Sue Roberts, who have decades of experience in setting up and running camps, the lodge has a beautiful location, amid acacia trees and close to a busy waterhole. It won Ecotourism Kenya’s Eco-rated Lodge of the Year in 2015!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Sirikoi is a top-end property in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Laikipia!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SIRIKOI LODGE:
The communal areas at Sirikoi Lodge are housed in a very homely wood-and-stone structure with a charming thatched roof. The lounge is open on all sides, affording pleasant views of the lodge’s manicured lawns and ample trees. The seating is exceptionally comfortable here. A coffee table is strewn with books, while side tables support vast vases of flowers. The lodge’s bar is open all day and provides an excellent selection of drinks, including cocktails! The dining deck is situated just a few steps from the lounge – this is the setting for breakfast and lunch, with dinner enjoyed around a campfire. The main facilities are completed by a spacious infinity pool, flanked by sunloungers and with amazing views of the watering hole. This is the perfect place to chill out and watch the local wildlife!
Guest accommodation at Sirikoi consists of four tented rooms, one two-bedroom cottage and one three-bedroom private house. The tents are positioned to the right of the main building, while the cottage and house occupy the grounds to the left side. All four tents boast spectacular views of the watering hole, appreciated from bowl chairs on a private deck. Each bedroom has either a double bed or twin beds, plus bedside tables and lamps, a couple of chairs and a table, a safe, a desk, and a fabulous little fireplace beneath a mantelpiece containing a few books. There are wildlife pictures on the walls and generally a cosy feel. The en-suite facilities are situated at the back of each tent and comprise flush toilet, twin washbasins, shower, and freestanding Victorian bath with savanna views! Sirikoi’s cottage is built from wood, stone and thatch, similar in style to the main lodge. It has two en-suite bedrooms with fireplace, comfy lounge with fireplace, indoor dining area, dining deck and campfire. Finally, the private house has three en-suite bedrooms, lounge areas, dining areas, bar, a private deck overlooking the Lewa wetlands – and its own safari vehicle, guide, chef and team of staff! The cottage is fantastic for a family or two couples, while the house is great for a larger group.
ACTIVITIES AT SIRIKOI LODGE:
There are loads of activities available from Sirikoi!
- Foremost are game drives, horse riding and camel safari in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, all offering opportunities to view the resident wildlife – all Big Five animals, the ‘Northern Speciality’ species consisting of Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, Beisa oryx and gerenuk, and many more!
- The birdlife is brilliant too, with over 350 types of feathery friends including herons, pelicans, francolins and flamingos.
- Walking with guides is another way to check out all the action, or guests can view the Conservancy via quad bike, helicopter or bi-plane!
- Plenty of visits are possible too – to meet orphaned elephants in Tsavo National Park, to take a hike in Ndare Ndare Forest, to explore the Magado Crater area, and to learn about local culture within the Il Ngwesi community and at the home of the Rendille and Pokot people.
- Finally, the lodge offers mobile camping, with a choice of destinations such as Samburu, the Matthews Range, or even the shores of Lake Turkana – this activity must be booked in advance, so just get in touch with us for further details!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.