Service standards are set high at Safari Lodge. Private dining and bush dinners are available on request. The lodge is operated by Africa Albida Tourism, which has over two decades of experience in the field. And Safari Lodge itself has made it onto Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List – you are in safe hands!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is situated on a high natural plateau on the boundary of Zambezi National Park. It is a 15-minute drive from Victoria Falls Airport and just five minutes from the Falls themselves.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE:
The main lodge consists of a three-storey wood-and-thatch structure, in the style of a safari lodge but on a much larger scale! This houses the split-level MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, offering à la carte cuisine and spectacular views over the park. On a lower level, there is the open-plan Buffalo Bar, which has its own deck for guests to view game at the waterhole. Other facilities comprise a comfortable television lounge, internet café, library and curio/gift shop. The swimming pool has its own deck too, and a snack menu and bar service is available here.
Guest accommodation at Safari Lodge totals 72 rooms and suites, ranging from standard to deluxe to suite. Standard rooms are twins or doubles, whereas the other categories are doubles only – though deluxe rooms can accommodate an extra bed suitable for a child under 12 years. There are five sets of rooms that interconnect, a great option for families. All rooms and suites have a private balcony, remote-controlled air conditioning, fan, mosquito net, IDD telephone, digital safe, mini bar, tea/coffee tray, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries, and en-suite facilities featuring rainfall shower. Each suite has a large bath too!
*Please be aware that the children's pool is close to the deep end of the adult pool, so young families should take extra care.*
ACTIVITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE:
Activities at Safari Lodge are arranged via the activities desk – and there is plenty to keep guests entertained!
- Watersports include canoeing and white water rafting. Adventurous types relish opportunities to go bungee jumping and gorge swinging. There are also sunset cruises, and helicopter flights over the Falls.
- Safari activities from the lodge consist of guided walks, nature trails, hide sits, elephant interactions and walking with lions.
- Every day, a complimentary shuttle bus transports guests to the Victoria Falls Rainforest.
- It is also possible to enjoy a traditional meal at The Boma, the famous eatery providing authentic Zimbabwean cuisine and live entertainment each night.
- Finally, guests are invited to the ‘Vulture Culture Experience’, a conservation exercise that takes place below Buffalo Bar’s deck – highly recommended!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.