Victoria Falls Island Lodge offers super-luxurious accommodation in a peaceful setting, its easy access to the Falls and Zambezi N.P. guaranteeing a great range of activities. Unlike River Lodge, Island Lodge does not accept children aged 15 years and under.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property is easily accessed via road transfer followed by boat transfer from the international airport of Vic Falls (30 minutes) or Livingstone (50 minutes). Victoria Falls Island Lodge is situated upstream from Victoria Falls, on the privately owned Kandahar Island.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS ISLAND LODGE:
Island Lodge’s communal buildings are located on the banks of the mighty River Zambezi. They are elevated above ground level and comprise wood-and-glass structures, blending beautifully with the surrounding ilala palms, ebony, and mahogany trees. The lounge features comfortable chairs and sofas around coffee tables, and as the building is open on all sides you are guaranteed amazing views wherever you choose to sit! The palette – subtle splashes of colour amidst warm wood – is inspired by the natural tones of the island setting. A number of smart dining spaces also benefit from vistas across the river, and both lounge and dining areas flow out onto a patio for al fresco relaxing or enjoying a delicious meal. The property’s bar is well stocked, providing a great range of sundowners for guests to sip while marvelling at the views from Island Lodge’s viewing platform. This is the perfect place to start the day too, watching the sun rise over the water.
Guest accommodation at Island Lodge consists of very well appointed Treehouse Suites, all connected to the communal buildings along raised wooden walkways. In common with the lodge, each is set along the banks of the river and raised on stilts. Inside, there is a California king-size bed or twin beds, made with sumptuous cotton percale linen. Climate control air conditioning is fitted to ensure comfy temperatures all year round, while mosquito nets and repellent keep away those pesky biters! Other amenities include a telephone for contacting front desk, a Nespresso coffee machine, tea-making facilities, a complimentary mini-bar, an electronic laptop safe, free Wi-Fi, and international plugs plus adaptors. Every suite contains a comfy sitting area too, as well as an open-plan en-suite bathroom with separate WC, vanity area, rain shower, and freestanding bathtub. Guests have use of robes and slippers, in addition to a hairdryer. A personal butler (one per two suites) is on hand throughout your stay, to make sure you have everything you need. Finally, each suite has its own deck, with a private plunge pool!
ACTIVITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS ISLAND LODGE:
From this luxurious base camp, you can enjoy a fine assortment of activities.
- A tour of Vic Falls is included in the rate, and a fantastic way to begin your holiday here.
- Game activities are also available at no extra cost, comprising a morning or afternoon vehicle safari and a sunset/sunrise river cruise.
- The Zambezi National Park is home to an impressive variety of wildlife, such as lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, antelopes, crocs, hippos, and over 400 species of bird! If you are keen to check out the feathery friends in detail, along with the plant life and insect life, you could consider taking a guided walk.
- Canoe safaris offer fabulous sightings too, and fishing is possible throughout the year.
- Watersports fans will love trying out all the thrills of the Falls – white river rafting, bungee jumping, ziplining, and much more!
- Helicopter flights are ideal for observing the world-famous waterfall from the sky, with the option to take in Zambezi N.P. and the spectacular Batoka Gorges.
- And in between all this activity, you can treat yourself to a trip to Island Lodge’s spa, Toa, for a little pampering session.