Billed as perfect for multigenerational travel, the House is well suited to a family or group of friends, while welcoming disabled people.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
This is accessible via road transfer from the international airports of Victoria Falls (45km), Livingstone (61km), and Kasane (45km).
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT MATETSI RIVER HOUSE:
It boasts its own kitchen, indoor and outdoor dining areas, veranda with lovely views out to the Zambezi River, and private pool. We understand that the House has been styled in the same way as the Lodge’s buildings. There is lots of wood and copper that recall Zimbabwe’s old mining industry, plus splashes of vibrant blue to evoke the fabulous Falls. Safari notes are present too, in local artworks and traditional carvings. During their stay here, guests enjoy use of a private safari vehicle with guide, in addition to their own chef and butler! They also have access to many of the amenities at the Lodge – Safari Shop, fitness centre, and massage rooms.
Matetsi River House contains four bedrooms in total. Two of these have charming en-suite bathrooms, while the remaining two are interleading rooms for children, with a shared bathroom en suite. No information is available as yet concerning the décor of the bedrooms, but we think they might follow the same scheme as the rooms in the Lodge property – clean lines and collections of craft pieces together with modern amenities.
ACTIVITIES AT MATETSI RIVER HOUSE:
Like the Lodge, Matetsi River House provides a wonderful range of activities.
- The Matetsi Private Reserve is a super safari location, comprising roughly 50,000 hectares of land and chock-full of huge herds of elephant and buffalo! Also present are lion, leopard, wild dog, hyena, hippo, antelopes, and loads of birds – 366 recorded species.
- The price of a stay here includes an impressive selection of safari activities, such as game drives, waking safaris, sunrise or sunset boat cruises, birdwatching, fishing, and canoeing on the Upper Zambezi!
- Children will love the WILDCHILD programme, which features making a fishing rod, fishing, and baking biscuits.
- Activities available at Victoria Falls (not included in the price) are tours of the area and the canopy, high tea overlooking the Falls, and scenic flights – and sports fans will be in their element with white water rafting, bungee jumping, zipline, and gorge swing!
- When you need to take a break between activities, the House provides a very relaxing environment in which to rest for a while. You can chill out in the private pool, enjoy those amazing views from the veranda, or head over to the Lodge for a massage on the banks of the River!
- We are certain that the food and drink will be top notch here, especially as meals are prepared using vegetables from the property’s own garden.
*This property is unfenced and although animal densities are not that high along this stretch of the Zambezi River, there is always the potential for dangerous game. So if you opt to stay here please always be cautious and look out for wildlife when walking around, especially at night.