AVANI Victoria Falls Resort has a lot to recommend it overall. The location alone supplies lashings of wow-factor – add the superb communal facilities, comfy accommodation, exciting assortment of activities… and you have the makings of a fantastic holiday!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The Resort is situated on the Zambezi side of the Falls, just 25 minutes’ drive from Livingstone Airport. The Falls themselves are only 5 minutes’ walk away! Shops and attractions are 15 minutes by road and it is very easy to take a taxi into Livingstone Town.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT AVANI VICTORIA FALLS RESORT:
This location is perfect for travellers who have just a short time to spend at the Falls, as you really are in the middle of the action here. AVANI’s efficiently run Activity Desk ensures you make the most of your stay, while the other communal facilities and the guest accommodation, though not super-luxurious, are very pleasant indeed.
AVANI occupies a roughly circular site, surrounded by trees and with the communal buildings at its centre. These in turn are positioned around the spacious swimming pool, which is flanked by sunloungers and plenty of parasols for shade. The general appearance of the central areas is very cheerful, full of bright colours and welcoming staff to help you feel at home! The Resort’s Pool Bar is next to the pool and the largest restaurant, The Theatre of Food, is just a few steps away. Another two restaurants are found within the Falls Entertainment Centre, a short walk from the central area. This Centre contains shops too, in addition to the excellent Activity Desk. With numerous lounge areas, a lovely salon, and a rather charming Reception featuring wildlife artwork on its walls, the Resort really has everything you might need – and maybe even more!
Guest accommodation at AVANI consists of 212 rooms, all very comfortable. There are three categories – Room, Family Room, and Suite. All options have individually controlled air conditioning! Each Room has a double bed or twin beds, while Family Rooms have a double bed and Suites have a large double bed, plus extra living space. All accommodation also includes a writing desk, a closet, an in-room telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite television, a fridge, a safe, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and en-suite flush toilet, washbasin, bath and shower. A hairdryer and insect repellent also come with all categories. Upstairs rooms boast a private balcony, while downstairs rooms have access into the gardens through a sliding door. The décor is wonderfully colourful, with plenty of jazzy stripes and other patterns!
ACTIVITIES AT AVANI VICTORIA FALLS RESORT:
Once guests have settled in and taken in the amazing views of the Falls, it is a good idea to head to the AVANI Activity Desk to find out about all the activities on offer here!
- If the sight of wildlife such as zebra or giraffe in the Resort’s grounds has you set on safari, we recommend a trip to Chobe National Park for a classic game drive.
- There is also the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park, plus horseride and elephant-back safaris, as well as canoe trips and walking.
- If adrenaline-fuelled extreme sports are more your thing, you will want to check out the Batoka Gorge swing and abseiling, white water rafting, quadbiking, and jet boating on the Zambezi River!
- Travellers who favour a more peaceful pace can opt for river cruises and perhaps a fishing trip in this beautiful part of the world.
- And those who like a little culture on holiday are well served by various tours of Livingstone town, including museums and the bustling market, and excursions to local villages to learn about the history of the Falls to the present day.
*This hotel is fenced, however being on the Zambezi River means that animals do still wander into the grounds. If you opt to stay here please be cautious and look out for potentially dangerous wildlife at all times and especially at night.