Expeditions is a brilliant option for travellers looking for safari experiences right on the banks of the Zambezi River. It offers a minimum stay of two nights for a minimum of two people, so it is easily combined with another camp. And if ‘glamping’ is your thing, it will suit you down to the ground!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Zambezi Expeditions is set up before guests’ arrival, close to the banks of the Zambezi River and within the northern region of Mana Pools National Park. The camp operates during the Mana Pools safari season, from April to end November.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ZAMBEZI EXPEDITIONS:
The mess tent is positioned at the centre of camp and is a simple pole-and-canvas structure housing some comfy seating as well as dining furniture for communal meals. However, most of the time guests sit and eat outside, with chairs set up in the shade of trees. Zambezi Expeditions also has a campfire area with camp chairs, which is the perfect place to relax with morning coffee or an evening beverage and share safari stories!
The six guest tents are pretty simple too, but as they are meru style they are also very spacious and comfortable. Each tent has twin beds and its interior is best described as ‘safari chic’ – colourful prints, vibrant patterns and campaign furniture. The en-suite facilities include flush toilet and al-fresco hot bucket shower. Just outside, there is a seating area with superb views across to the mighty Zambezi!
ACTIVITIES AT ZAMBEZI EXPEDITIONS:
Expeditions is well placed to offer some exciting activities.
- The mornings tend to be the best time for walks, with afternoons allocated to game drives. The floodplains along the river are rich in wildlife – for example, lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, African wild dog, eland, kudu and waterbuck – while the Zambezi itself boasts impressive populations of hippo and crocodile.
- Guests can also enjoy canoeing safari and fishing excursions.
- This camp combines brilliantly with its sister camp Kanga and if you choose to stay at Kanga too you will be able to take part in even more activities – "armchair safaris", walks and drives around Kanga Pan and sleepouts involving a three-course dinner around a camp fire and breakfast the following morning!
- Both Expeditions and Kanga pride themselves on exceptional standards in guiding and hosting – so whether you opt to stay at just one or both, you are in for a treat! The guides are experienced and knowledgeable, sharing their expertise in an affable manner.
- Both camps boast first-rate food and drink, with Expeditions often arranging for guests to dine on the banks of the Zambezi!