Pamushana has the impeccable service standards that come as standard across all Singita lodges. The small size of the lodge enables staff to offer a very exclusive and personalized approach. For example, dining options are discussed with guests on arrival, to ensure guests enjoy every single meal. And, of course, the Singita hospitality extends from the lodge to encompass the local area, as this is a company that prides itself on wildlife conservation, eco-friendly tourism and community support.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Singita Pamushana Lodge is located within the Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve. This is an area of over 60,000 hectares, bordering Gonarezhou National Park. The lodge is situated in the shade of trees, within lush gardens, and overlooking a large lake.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SINGITA PAMUSHANA LODGE:
Pamushana’s main areas are housed in wood-and-thatch structures, blending beautifully into the trees. There is an open-air lounge with colorful seating and a television, an open-air dining area in addition to a teak dining deck, a library, a bar, a wine cellar, two heated pools and a Jacuzzi! All communal spaces have amazing views of Malilangwe dam and the sandstone hills rising above the water. There is complimentary internet access, mobile phone signal, and gym and spa facilities. The spa offers massages and mani-pedis, while for sporty types there are two tennis courts and a golf course nearby!
The guest accommodation at Pamushana is also made of wood and thatch. It consists of four one-bedroom suites, two family suites (one two-bedroom, one three-bedroom) and one five-bedroom villa. All options are spacious and air-conditioned, and decorated in a vibrant style with plenty of colors and patterns. Guests receive complimentary bathrobes, slippers and hairdryer. The suites have en-suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers and lovely views over the lake. The same views are available from a private deck with pool. The villa has all the features of the suites, plus its own kitchen, living room, dining room – and even a nanny flat! And rather than a plunge pool, it boasts an infinity pool, with panoramic vistas of the lake and dam.
ACTIVITIES AT SINGITA PAMUSHANA LODGE:
There is loads to do at Singita Pamushana Lodge.
- Game drives take place during the day and during the night. The reserve contains a rich assortment of wildlife, including all Big Five animals in addition to cheetah, antelope species, wild dog and impressive birdlife.
- Guided safari walks are also available, providing guests with an opportunity to get to know the area really well. Guests enjoy fishing too – the lake below the lodge is a brilliant location for catching bass, bream, catfish, tiger fish.
- Local visits are equally popular – the lodge offers both community tours and rock-site tours, so guests can gain insights into the culture and history of the area.
- Mountain biking is possible for experienced riders. Back on the lake, guests like to wind down with a sundowner cruise after a day of activities.
- Finally, you can even go on stargazing safari!
- There is lots for children too – bush walks, fishing, swimming, community visits.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.