The Boma Hotel is an outstanding option if you are looking for boutique accommodation within Entebbe, whether or not you plan to check out the main attractions of the town. Double, twin, triple, and family rooms are available, so it really is suitable for all travellers. The hotel regularly receives awards from TripAdvisor, including a Certificate of Excellence. It is ideal for exploring Entebbe, if you have enough time.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The distance from Entebbe International Airport to The Boma Hotel is a mere 5.5 kilometres. It is found on Gowers Road, within a serene suburb. The site benefits from a secure entrance and is set in beautiful gardens. The hotel building is painted rose-pink and has neatly tiled roofs.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT THE BOMA HOTEL:
Inside, there is a lounge featuring comfy sofas around a coffee table, as well as a few books and some intriguing artefacts and artwork. The restaurant has chic little separate tables flanked by elegant upright chairs – it is open every day, from 6am to 10pm. Guests can also relax in the bar, which includes a large television for news and sports events. Board games are available too. The property has a terrace for al fresco eating and drinking, with delightful garden views. Within the gardens, there is a playground with swings, a slide, and a sandpit, in addition to a spacious swimming pool with floatation toys for the little ones. Surrounded by sunloungers, this is the perfect place to cool off during your stay.
Guest accommodation at The Boma Hotel consists of just a few rooms, configured as a double, twin, triple, or family unit. All are individually furnished, using a vibrant mix of African and European styles. Double rooms boast four-poster beds, and all layouts come with mosquito nets, bedside tables and lighting, satellite television, international power points, a safe, a well-appointed en-suite shower room or bathroom, and a private veranda, where the property’s Wi-Fi signal is at its strongest. And if you are travelling with a baby, a cot may be added to any room.
ACTIVITIES AT THE BOMA HOTEL:
The Boma Hotel offers an excellent assortment of activities.
- On site, guests enjoy swimming, boules, croquet, board games, and even a bit of birdwatching among the tropical trees.
- Those who would like to explore Entebbe and surrounds can hire a bike from the hotel, self-drive, or rent a car from a company recommended by staff members – there is plenty to see and do.
- Lake Victoria is well worth a visit, to see a fine variety of wildlife, to go fishing, and to relax on a sunset cruise.
- Half- and full-day trips to Ngamba Island are also possible, to check out the chimpanzee sanctuary.
- More animal encounters take place at UWEC, the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre – here, you can meet a number of species and learn about the centre’s efforts to rehabilitate them during a highly insightful tour.
- Entebbe’s botanical gardens make for a grand half- or full day out as well – not only are there masses of plants and some charming colobus monkeys to appreciate here, but the attraction hosts events such as music festivals throughout the year.
- Trips to Mabamba Swamp may also be arranged, of great interest to fans of the mysterious shoebill.
- And golfers will be keen to try out the local course – you can hire golfing equipment from the hotel.