YZ recommends Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro for travelers seeking a luxurious stopover in the city.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is situated in the center of Tanzania’s exhilarating city! The Kilimanjaro is accessed via road transfer from Julius Nyerere International Airport, a journey of approximately 12 kilometers. Positioned on the waterfront next to the harbor, the hotel is an enormous modern building. Free parking is available in the property’s car park.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT HYATT REGENCY DAR ES SALAAM:
Guest accommodation at the hotel consists of 180 rooms and suites, in a variety of categories – essentially, there are 132 rooms, 30 executive rooms, and 18 suites. Guests can choose a room with a king-size bed, a double bed, or twin beds. Some rooms have views of the harbor, while others face towards the city. All include bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, storage space, and en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, either solo or twin washbasin/s, rainfall shower, and standalone bathtub. Each room benefits also from amenities such as central air conditioning with individual climate control, a 32-inch flatscreen satellite television, an in-room safety deposit box, tea- and coffee-making equipment, a mini-bar, and free Wi-Fi. The executive rooms come with a business-sized desk and well-lit work areas, while the suites boast their own kitchenette. In all options, personalized wake-up calls are available, and there is a complimentary daily newspaper delivery.
The part-pillared entrance leads into Reception, an airy space with a water feature and comfortable chairs. Reception in turn flows into the Flame Tree Lounge, which contains ample seating around coffee tables and doors out onto a pleasant courtyard set with mostly rattan furniture. In this lounge, guests can enjoy morning coffee, light lunches, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. All-day options are also available at restaurant The Palm, which overlooks the hotel’s well-kept gardens and specializes in international cuisine. If you like Eastern dishes, you will love Oriental’s selection of fresh sushi, sashimi, and more. Citrus is the place to go for cool drinks including cocktails, while Rouge, the hotel’s nightclub, has a very well-stocked bar. The Kilimanjaro’s communal facilities also include a gym, a spa with six treatment rooms, male and female saunas, a beauty salon, an infinity pool with harbor views, two conference rooms and seven boardrooms with all the equipment necessary for a successful business event, a shopping arcade, and a casino!
ACTIVITIES AT HYATT REGENCY DAR ES SALAAM:
If you have time to explore Dar before heading out to your vacation destination or catching your international flight home, you will find plenty to see and do in this vibrant city!
- Within just 2.5 kilometers are the National Museum and House of Culture, the JM Mall, the Village Museum, Kariakoo Market, and the Dar es Salaam Port.
- Head out a little farther, and you will find more shopping centers, Soma Biblia (a popular bookstore), and Kunduchi Water Park.
- Dar also has lovely botanical gardens, perfect for whiling away a few hours.
- You could visit the Nyumba ya sanaa (House of Art) too, where an artist will prepare a painting of your choice in the Tingatinga oil-painting style.
- The Village Museum hosts traditional music and dance performances every day, while sports fans will enjoy checking out the city’s National Stadium.
- And of course, Dar is full of restaurants, bars, and other evening entertainments!