Farm House Valley is an excellent option for travelers looking for a fine assortment of activities in the Ngorongoro region, from a super-comfortable base! It is owned and operated by Tanganyika Wilderness Camps, whose portfolio comprises an impressive collection of lodges in the Ngorongoro area and the Serengeti.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property is usually accessed by air or road from Arusha, the gateway to all safaris in Tanzania’s famous Northern Circuit.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT FARM HOUSE VALLEY:
The communal lodge is a large building constructed from wood, stone, and thatch. Inside, the lounge features plenty of comfy seating around coffee tables and amazing views over the plantation grounds. You can marvel at the scenery from the elegant restaurant too while tucking in to a delicious meal. This dining space has chic separate tables and upright chairs, as well as sliding double doors that open onto a terrace. Beyond, Farm House Valley’s extensive grounds include a massage cabin and a swimming pool, both perfect for relaxing in between activities. There is also a fire-pit area – here, a fire is lit every afternoon, enticing guests to gather for snacks and drinks while swapping stories of their day out in Ngorongoro!
Guest accommodation at Farm House Valley consists of 30 rooms – standards and an interconnecting option. These are located within cottages set out within the grounds, mostly on immaculate lawns and amidst colorful tropical flowers. The cottages are linked to the communal lodge along very neat pathways! All rooms are bright and pleasantly furnished. Each standard unit contains a king-size bed, twin beds, or triple beds, in addition to mosquito netting, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a separate seating area, and en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, twin washbasins, and shower. There is also a private veranda! The interconnecting option is effectively two standard rooms and can sleep a maximum of five travelers – fabulous for a group or a family.
**Please be aware that the swimming pool here has no depth markings, so take care before you jump in!**
ACTIVITIES AT FARM HOUSE VALLEY:
- From this well-appointed base camp you can head out on all sorts of trips, to see the Ngorongoro Crater and much more besides.
- All-day game drives are available in the crater – staff are happy to make up a picnic lunch!
- The setting is absolutely spectacular, and the area is packed with wildlife. All of the Big Five – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo – roam the crater floor, alongside many other predators and herbivores.
- Cheetah, serval, caracal, golden cat, hyena, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, gazelles… these are just a few highlights for wildlife lovers.
- The vast crater lake is home to hippo and fantastic flocks of flamingo, both common and dwarf species. Hundreds of other birds, such as raptors and songbirds, may be seen.
- The area may also be appreciated via treks that involve some beautiful waterfalls.
- You can take a day trip to Lake Eyasi too, where the Hadzabe and Datoga tribes live – this is a great opportunity to find out about their culture.
- And Farm House Valley itself is a wonderful location for an afternoon stroll, with a guide on hand to tell you all about the farm and vegetable gardens.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.