Ahadi Lodge has a great reputation as a hospitable and peaceful holiday destination and is an excellent option for travellers to Arusha, whether you are just popping through the area or staying for a few days.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Ahadi Lodge is located approximately 3km from Arusha near the little and authentic village, Morovian.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT AHADI LODGE:
The communal facilities of the Lodge are housed in a sandy-coloured building, set in tranquil landscaped gardens. Here you will find the welcoming reception area, where staff are happy to assist you throughout your stay. There is also the classic dining area, with bar and bar seating, which is decorated in neutral tones and contains mostly wooden furniture, giving the rooms a lovely natural feel. Outside, you can head for a dip in the modern-looking pool, which is surrounded by lawns and deckchairs. This is the perfect spot for sipping a drink and getting to know your fellow travellers!
Ahadi Lodge’s guest accommodation consists of 12 rooms within five rondavel-style cottages, all uniquely designed to maximise storage space while providing comfortable sleeping quarters for your stay. All rooms have a television, an intercom telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. They are decorated in neutral earthy tones and feature artwork from local artisans. Five rooms are doubles, five contain twin beds, a family room has a queen-sized bed and a single bed, and there is also a room suitable for a small group. Most of the rooms come with a separate shower room, but the doubles are open plan. There are no safes, but valuables can be stored in the safe at Reception – the staff will be delighted to help you!
Children are welcome and the owners Igor and Patricia are keen to ensure that you and your family have everything you could possibly need here. The complimentary Wi-Fi gives you the option of keeping in touch with the wider world and a full laundry service is available, at extra charge.
ACTIVITIES AT AHADI LODGE:
Ahadi Lodge is well placed to offer an exciting assortment of activities.
- Close to the little village of Morovian, it provides opportunities to meet and get to know the people and culture of this part of Africa.
- Guests can take a town tour and visit the curio markets – these sell exquisitely carved woodwork, beaded jewellery and sandals, authentic African artwork, and many other beautiful things!
- You can watch the traders at the Soko Kuu markets, where a lot of local hotels and people shop for meat, grains, and fruit ‘n’ veg.
- You can also visit the School of St Jude and Malaika Orphanage to meet some inspiring people who are really making a difference to the lives of the poorest children in this part of the world.
- Full-day tours to Lake Duluti Caves and Forest and Mount Meru Waterfalls are available too.
- And we recommend making a special trip to Arusha National Park, where you have the chance to see herds of buffalo and warthog, giraffe, zebra, dik-dik, blue monkeys and colobus monkeys. The culture and nature of this area is fascinating!