Breezes is something of a YZ favorite – for years, we’ve recommended the property to clients, and it has delivered every time! There’s accommodation to suit a range of budgets here. If you are looking for something quieter, smaller options are available, such as the highly exclusive Palms or Zawadi Hotel. But it’s worth mentioning that service standards at Breezes are exceptionally good, among the best on Zanzibar.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Breezes Beach Club is situated on a stretch of beach along Zanzibar’s Michamvi Peninsula. It’s accessed via road transfer from Abeid Amani Karume International Airport, a journey of 58 kilometers or so.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT BREEZES BEACH CLUB & SPA:
Guest accommodation consists of Standard Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, and Suites. All are found within timber-and-thatch bungalow-style buildings, at various distances from the beach. Standard Rooms are farthest from the sea, but each has a pleasant view of gardens from a private terrace. Deluxe Rooms occupy the ground floor of bungalows positioned closer to the water, while Suites are found on the upper level. All options are air-conditioned, and furnishings include a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a comfy sofa-bed, and a coffee table. Suites have a walk-in dressing room too, as well as a larger bathroom than both of the Room categories, a covered outdoor lounge area, and a private sunbathing area! All options have a refrigerator, a personal electronic safe box, and a hairdryer.
Breezes boasts a fine assortment of restaurants and bars. Guests can enjoy both delicious buffet breakfasts and exotic three-course dinners in the thatched Salama Room. During dinner settings, gentlemen are required to dress in long trousers. For lunch, you can head to The Breakers Grill, where fresh barbecue options and catch of the day are served in the shade of palm trees! The Sultan’s Table offers seafood too, in a tantalizing Indian/Swahili fusion. The Tides is perfect for intimate evening dining, and has lovely views over the ocean. The Dhow Bar, also known as The Pool Bar, provides refreshing beverages throughout the day, while The Safari Bar is the place to go come nightfall for a laidback atmosphere. The Baraza Bar has an enticing selection of whiskeys, liqueurs, and cigars, and finally, The Chai Room is open every day for teas, coffees, and cakes. Breezes has a superb spa too, where an entire team of professional therapists offers facials, body treatments, and special massages. Guests who enjoy getting active on vacation will appreciate the property’s well-equipped gym and floodlit tennis court, and the spacious pool is perfect for both swimming and splashabouts! Guests also receive complimentary in-room and public area Wi-Fi during their stay.
ACTIVITIES AT BREEZES BEACH CLUB & SPA:
An exciting range of things to do is available here, divided into low-tide and high-tide activities.
- At low tide, guests can enjoy a variety of beach sports – sandcastle building, Frisbee, volleyball, and football! It’s possible to rent reef shoes so you can explore the colorful marine life.
- A snorkeling trip can be taken in the company of a watersports team member, and the price paid includes equipment and transfers between Breezes and the snorkel spot.
- Guests can also go biking along the coast to visit the nearby villages of Bwejuu and Paje.
- At high tide, it gets even more exhilarating, with sailing, kite surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, and paddle boarding just a few thrills you can try!
- Diving is possible from Rising Sun Dive Centre, Zanzibar’s only 5-star PADI Gold Palm and National Geographic center. All levels of experience are accommodated here, and as every group contains a maximum of just six divers per guide you are guaranteed some excellent experiences!
- Finally, staff at Breezes are happy to arrange all sorts of tours and excursions around the island, and guests keen to immerse themselves in Zanzibari culture will love the resort’s own history lessons and cooking classes.