YZ recommends Waterfront Village for travelers seeking high-quality self-catering accommodation in a fabulous location in Cape Town!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property is situated on the south-east side of the Mother City’s famous V&A Waterfront, just 20 kilometers by road from Cape Town International Airport.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT WATERFRONT VILLAGE:
Each one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment at Waterfront Village is available in three subcategories – Standard, Luxury, and Deluxe. The difference among options is chiefly size, with the Deluxe providing the most floor space. Every bedroom sleeps a maximum of two adults and one child aged 0–3 years. All apartments are individually furnished and come with a wide range of amenities – a satellite television and DVD player, an electronic safe, a hairdryer, a washing machine, a tumble dryer, and a dishwasher. The washing facilities feature walk-in shower, bath, or both, and every bedroom has an en suite. Most apartments have a private balcony or patio, from which you can marvel at the Waterfront scenery. If you are looking for something ultra-luxurious, we recommend the penthouse apartments! And long-stay travelers could certainly consider the Silo apartments, situated in the spectacular Clock Tower precinct of the V&A area.
Village guests aged 18 years and over have access to Sandy B, the private beach club of The Bay Hotel. Sandy B overlooks Camps Beach and includes a sophisticated bar and lounge areas. You can also visit The Bay Hotel’s spa, which features three specialized treatment rooms. Membership of Camps Bay Retreat Spa is provided too – boasting a lovely secluded location between Lion’s Head and Table Mountain, it’s perfect for anyone in need of some serious pampering! Those who enjoy keeping fit on vacation will appreciate Waterfront Village’s own Quarterdeck Gym, with its treadmills, rowing machines, and bicycles, all with amazing views over the V&A marina. There’s a lap pool on the gym roof! This is one of the five pools available – the others are found between the buildings.
ACTIVITIES AT WATERFRONT VILLAGE:
All apartments provide a very comfortable base from which to explore Cape Town and surrounds.
- You could start by heading out to the Waterfront, for shops, restaurants, the Two Oceans Aquarium, harbor cruises, and boat trips to Clifton or Camps Bay. The V&A is also home to a number of museums and markets, for example Market on the Wharf, renowned as a premium fresh food destination!
- Robben Island is well worth visiting too.
- For amazing views over the Mother City, you can take a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain – or hike all the way up, if you’re feeling fit.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens are ideal for a peaceful stroll, and of immense appeal to keen botanists with their seven thousand or so plant species!
- If you have time to explore beyond Cape Town, you could check out Cape Point, Boulders Beach, the Winelands, and any number of scenic coastal towns, such as Gansbaai. For further information, just get in touch with a member of the YZ team.