The Robberg Beach Lodge is without doubt one of the most luxurious offerings on the Garden Route, a super-comfortable base from which to explore Plettenberg and surrounds. A stay here combines well with a city break in Cape Town or a trip to the scenic Winelands – or both! The Robberg Beach Lodge is owned and operated by family company Lion Roars, which has an impressive portfolio of properties dotted around the Eastern Cape, the Winelands, the Mother City, and many more.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The Robberg is situated only 5 minutes from Plett’s Main Street and is usually accessed via road transfer from Cape Town or another stop on the Garden Route. It is close to the local airport too, for travellers flying in from farther afield. Positioned on Beachyhead Drive, it is just steps from the beach and a short distance from many other attractions.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT THE ROBBERG BEACH LODGE:
The communal areas include a couple of lounges, both in a contemporary style and featuring plenty of comfortable seating. There are two honesty bars too, stocking a good range of snacks and drinks for when you are feeling peckish! The rooftop viewing deck provides breathtaking vistas over lagoons and beaches. Finally, there are two swimming pools, perfect for relaxing!
Guest accommodation at The Robberg consists of 29 rooms within four lavish villas, all spaced along the seafront. There are seven categories – Standard Room, Double/Twin Room, View Room, Self-Catering Room, Suite, Cottage Suite, and View Suite. All are very well appointed. Each Standard Room is located on the ground floor of the intriguingly named villa Cottage Pie. French doors lead onto a private patio apiece and furnishings include a queen-size bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a dressing table, easy chairs, and a wardrobe. Amenities comprise air conditioning, telephone, flatscreen television, mini-bar, refrigerator, and electric kettle. En-suite facilities consist of flush toilet, washbasin, bathtub, and shower. The Cottage Pie villa also contains each Cottage Suite! These are on the first floor of the building and boast a private balcony. With additional living space and a homely feel, these suites are fabulous for families. The spacious Double/Twin rooms are situated within Cordovan Villa and Robberg House, with great garden views. The Suite units are in the same villas as the Double/Twins, with ample additional space to accommodate two adults and two children, while the View Room and View Suite options are found in Beachy Head Villa. Lastly, the Self-Catering Room is absolutely ideal for families, with its open-plan kitchenette as well as all the standard amenities!
ACTIVITIES AT THE ROBBERG BEACH LODGE:
There is loads to do in and around Plettenberg Bay – we guarantee that there is something to suit everyone here!
- If you like to get out onto the ocean, you will love the Ocean Sailing Charters experience, providing the ultimate in sailing a catamaran. Suitable for beginners and old sea dogs alike, it allows you to choose how to spend your time on board – learning the basics, doing a spot of fishing, or cruising into the sunset!
- The water theme continues with the opportunity to whale watch from mid-May all the way through to February, on the Bay or from the sky. Dolphin spotting is available too, from sea kayaks to ensure you get the very best views.
- Other animal attractions include Monkeyland, the world’s first free-roaming and multi-species primate sanctuary! Hog Hollow Horse Trails are a wonderful way to explore the coastline and forests of Tsitsikamma National Park, while Birds of Eden is quite simply a must-do for all keen birders.
- Alternatively, if you are raving for reptiles, you can slither along to Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary for a one-hour tour featuring snakes, lizards, and crocodiles! Plett Puzzle Park provides fun for all ages with its gigantic garden games, just 10km from the Bay.
- The Garden Route is renowned for its hiking and walking trails – and the area boasts two great golf courses too. For a little evening entertainment following a grand day out, you can boogie on down to The Barns and check out the local musical talent!