We think Mosaic Private Sanctuary is a heavenly haven, ideal for enjoying time in nature! It is also well placed for visits to Hermanus and many other attractions, not least Panthera Africa and Shark Alley. It is a boutique resort offering luxurious and comfortable accommodation that appeals to solos, couples, honeymooners, groups, and families! Positioned above a beautiful blue lagoon, the Sanctuary boasts lovely views. An excellent assortment of activities is available here, in addition to a sumptuous spa for when you need to take time out and indulge in some pampering! Lagoon Lodge is booked on an all-inclusive basis, and it’s positioned in a secluded area within the property, away from the self-catering cottages.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The Sanctuary is set within a thousand hectares of private land, featuring plenty of fynbos – that is, belts of heathland plants and flowers. The communal building is approached along a track through these fynbos. Majestic mountains provide a backdrop, while the lagoon lolls below.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT MOSAIC PRIVATE SANCTUARY:
The communal building available to guests of Lagoon Lodge is constructed from stone, wood, and thatch, materials that bestow a classic safari feel. A short flight of steps leads up to the dining deck, where guests can sit, eat, enjoy the view. You can also take a dip here, in the property’s plunge pool! Inside, there is an open-plan lounge, diner, and bar. The lounge contains comfy cushioned seating, a coffee table, and a small selection of books, while the dining area, which has level access, includes smart upright chairs around individual tables. The bar is a sophisticated affair, featuring elegant furniture such as leather lounge chairs. There is also a fireplace, perfect for cooler climes! For self-catering guests, the Lagoon Café is situated next door to the cottages, within an original homestead known as Spookhuis. The Café supplies all sorts of food and drink, all at reasonable cost. Moreover, cottage guests can request breakfast baskets, dinner dishes, and BBQ platters, all put together on site. Finally, fittingly, Mosaic Private Sanctuary has a superb spa. This provides a wealth of relaxing and revitalizing therapies including the Milkwood Signature Treatment, a journey into bodily bliss inspired by the resident milkwood trees!
Guest accommodation at the Sanctuary consists of the five safari suites making up Lagoon Lodge, and the four charming self-catering cottages. The suites nestle among the milkwood trees on the edge of the lagoon. They are constructed from stone and wood, blending effortlessly into the landscape. Each contains either a king bed or twin beds, in addition to a cozy lounge area, a writing desk, a fireplace, and an overhead fan. The bathrooms are pretty special! They feature twin washbasins, an indoor shower, a large bathtub, and a secluded outdoor shower. Mosaic’s four cottages are also built from wood and stone, and surrounded by milkwood trees and fynbos. They range in size, from the smallest, designed for two guests, to the largest, which can sleep up to nine people! The facilities comprise a kitchen area, an outdoor patio with BBQ, and a snug indoor fireplace. All cottages also feature sumptuous bedding and towels – and they are serviced every three days for bookings of five days or more. There’s a daily butler service too! Three units boast an outdoor shower and all enjoy access to a sparkling pool with lagoon and mountain views. Whether you opt for a safari suite or a stay in a cottage, you can expect to enjoy this very well-appointed accommodation.
ACTIVITIES AT MOSAIC PRIVATE SANCTUARY:
Mosaic Private Sanctuary is perfectly placed to offer some exciting activities.
- The wonderful Whale Beach is a long scenic walk from the property! From Hermanus Lagoon, guests can enjoy boat cruises, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and exploring mysterious caves. Alternatively, you can simply stroll along the shore and watch for whales.
- The area’s thick fynbos provide a fantastic setting for quad biking, with trips lasting from one to three hours. Mountain biking is also available, taking guests as far as the Walker Bay Nature Reserve! This really is a very pretty part of the world, with so many colorful flowers and some brilliant birdlife.
- If you are bonkers for big cats, you will jump at the chance to visit Panthera Africa, which houses a variety of captive-bred beasts including lions, leopards, tigers and caracals.
- If big fish appeal, you will seize the opportunity to spot great white sharks off Gansbaai, a local fishing town.
- Whether you choose to view these astonishing animals from on board a boat or inside a sturdy cage lowered deep into the waters of Shark Alley, we guarantee you will have a thrilling experience!