Milkwood Manor is an outstanding option for travellers keen to explore Plettenberg from a location as close to the ocean as possible! The guesthouse is suitable for most types of traveller and welcomes children aged 8 years and over.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Milkwood Manor on Sea has a lovely location, on a small peninsula in Plettenberg Bay. Plettenberg Bay (known locally as ‘Plett’) is easy to access by road or air, whether you are travelling from Johannesburg or Cape Town. The distance from the airport to Milkwood Manor is just over 8 kilometres. Georgian in style, the property is easy to find on its private peninsula.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT MILKWOOD MANOR ON SEA:
A grand pillared entrance leads into an open-plan lounge/foyer, featuring plenty of comfy seating, a coffee table, and a stand of leaflets containing information about Plett and the surrounding area. All guest rooms are within the main house, but the restaurant, Lemon Grass, is positioned close to the seashore. This is the setting for breakfast every morning. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner too, providing a variety of local and internationally inspired fresh fish, other seafood, and meat dishes, as well as an excellent assortment of cocktails. You can tuck in to delicious meals here while admiring breathtaking views of lagoon, ocean, and mountains. During high season, there is a steady stream of boats into and out of the bay, in addition to a lot of fishing activity!
Guest accommodation at Milkwood Manor consists of 11 rooms, occupying the ground and first floor of the main building. The first-floor rooms are designed to sleep a maximum of two persons, but it is possible to add a 1.5 metre sleeper couch for a child to each ground-floor room. All rooms include a double bed or twin beds, a freestanding misting fan, a heater, a satellite television, a tea-and-coffee station, a wall safe, a hairdryer, a laundry bag, and complimentary toiletries. All have well-appointed en-suite facilities too, with flush toilet, washbasin, bathtub with shower attachment, and/or separate shower. Of the three rooms on the ground floor, two have ocean views from a private patio and one overlooks the Manor’s gardens. Upstairs, the majority of rooms have a balcony from which you can enjoy amazing views of the ocean!
ACTIVITIES AT MILKWOOD MANOR ON SEA:
Milkwood Manor is perfectly positioned for guests who love being beside the seaside. The property has direct access onto a beach with white sands and clear waters – great for sunbathing!
- If you feel like getting active, the Manor supplies kayaks free of charge – you can paddle up to 7 kilometres up river to take a look at the local gorges and their resident wildlife.
- The seas around Plett are full of marine life. Ocean safaris provide opportunities to observe an abundance of whales, sharks, seals, dolphins, and more! You can even take to the waters and swim with seals, and ocean cruises are also available.
- Back at the gorges, you can take part in a zip-line tour through the Tsitsikamma Falls and Forest – truly exhilarating!
- Daredevils might like to try bungee jumping too, or even skydiving.
- Further activities for nature fans include trips to Robberg Nature Reserve, Knysna Elephant Park, Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary, Radical Raptors, and Tenikwa Wild Cats for a walk in the company of cheetahs.
- Golfing is available at two very picturesque courses, and you can head into Plett itself to enjoy all sorts of shops, cafés, bars, and restaurants. There really is a lot to do here!