Leopard Hills Lodge is owned and operated by Seasons in Africa. This is a premier tourism marketing and management company based in South Africa and running a range of luxury lodges, hotels, restaurants, and experiences across the country. Leopard Hills has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor! The accommodation is booked on a full-board basis, including three meals daily, a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, two game drives daily, optional walking safaris and trails, transfers between the lodge and Leopard Hills Airstrip, in-room Wi-Fi, and a laundry service. When the lodge is booked for exclusive use, children of all ages are welcome. It’s open all year round and children aged 10 years and older are welcome.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The lodge is accessed via road transfer from Leopard Hills Airstrip. It has a spectacular location on top of a rocky kopje, within the private reserve.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LEOPARD HILLS:
Guest accommodation consists of just eight guest suites. Recently renovated, each is housed within a timber, stone, and thatch structure with an ample glass front for amazing views! The bedroom contains a king-size bed or twin beds with mosquito netting, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a comfortable sofa and coffee table, and useful storage furniture. Additional amenities include air conditioning, fans, telephone, mini-bar, tea station, Nespresso machine, safe, Wi-Fi, iPod docking station, animal reference guides and magazines, umbrella, and complimentary sherry. Guests also have use of bathrobes and a hairdryer during their stay. The en-suite facilities comprise separate shower, twin washbasins, walk-in shower, and freestanding bathtub with a view! All washrooms benefit from underfloor heating and heated towel rails. There’s an outdoor shower too. And doors from the bedroom lead out onto a private deck, complete with sunloungers and rock plunge pool.
The communal lodge at Leopard Hills is another timber, stone, and thatch build, also with a commanding position over the reserve. It’s approached from the guest suites along neat brick pathways through the property’s well-kept grounds. Inside, you’ll find the very pleasant lounge area, with well-cushioned seating around coffee tables, striking wildlife photography, and a cosy fireplace. The bar is set up conveniently close by, offering an enticing range of wines, beers, spirits, and cocktails! The sophisticated dining room, containing elegant tables and brass-studded upright chairs, is the venue for silver-service dinners – and the wine cellar is located just underneath. Guests also dine on the deck or in the traditional Shangaan boma, under the clear African skies. Leopard Hills offers a library too, as well as a well-stocked shop, a massage sala, a gym, and a highly inviting swimming pool!
ACTIVITIES AT LEOPARD HILLS:
Leopard Hills provides a thrilling assortment of activities.
- Expertly guided game drives take place during the morning and the afternoon, presenting opportunities to view the area’s real wealth of wildlife!
- The private reserve covers in excess of 10,000 hectares of savanna, woodland, forest, and water sources.
- Mammals in residence include all Big Five species – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo.
- In fact, the Sabi Sands is famous for its populations of big cats, hence the lodge’s name.
- Other predators you can expect to see are cheetah, hyenas, jackals, serval, civet, honey badger, and rare wild dog, while the herbivore count features hippo, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, and lots of antelopes!
- Types of bird number a very impressive 350, from raptors to songbirds to waterbirds.
- The lodge’s walking safaris, starting out just after breakfast each day, are fantastic for anyone interested in taking a closer look at the feathery friends, as well as the plants and insect life. Shorter walking trails are available too.
- Additionally, Seasons in Africa runs elephant interactions in the Sandford Conservancy in Hazyview, tours of a local village, and golf at the 72 par 18 hole Leopard Creek Golf Course, designed by Gary Player.
- Staff at the lodge can also arrange hot air balloon rides and helicopter flights over the stunning Panorama Route!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.
For further information about any of these activities, and anything else to do with staying at Leopard Hills Lodge, please contact a member of our team.