Le Domaine de l’Orangeraie is highly recommended for travelers looking for luxurious accommodation on the idyllic island of La Digue. As soon as you arrive at Le Domaine, staff members are on hand to help organize all the activities that rouse your interest.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
La Digue is easily accessed from Mahé, following air transfer to Seychelles International Airport. The jetty on La Digue is only 5 minutes’ walk from Le Domaine, and buggy transfers are available at a surcharge. Alternatively, this is a superb base from which to set out on boat trips to the neighboring islands.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LE DOMAINE DE L'ORANGERAIE:
Once you have arrived, you could take a little time to relax in the communal lodge. This is a two-story wood, stone, and thatch building, which blends effortlessly into the seaside setting. Inside, there are plenty of lounge areas, featuring well-cushioned rattan sofas and chic little wooden coffee tables. Le Domaine has two restaurants – Le Combava and Santosha. Le Combava is positioned on the upper level of the lodge and provides à la carte fine dining for lunch (midday until 4pm) and for dinner (7:30pm to 9:30pm). Santosha serves local specialties alongside international options, and is open for buffet breakfast (7:30am to 10:00am) and buffet dinner (7:30pm to 9:30pm). The resort has two bars too – Alambic for a range of refreshments and lagoon views, and Infinity Pool Bar for snacks and cocktails. There’s a shop – Le Safran Vert – selling local arts, clothes, and jewelry, and a spa – Eden Rock – for massages, mani–pedis, and Jacuzzi. And there’s the infinity pool, for cooling off and socializing with your fellow travelers.
Guest accommodation at Le Domaine consists of 63 villas, in five categories. All are close to Anse Severe, and are described as Zen in style. They feature a natural palette of earthy tones, enlivened by splashes of color in cushions, plants, and wall art. Amenities include air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a telephone, a satellite television, Wi-Fi, tea- and coffee-making facilities, a hairdryer, a dressing room, a well-appointed en-suite shower room or bathroom, and a lovely private terrace. The Garden Villa category is set in Le Domaine’s gorgeous grounds and sleeps a maximum of two adults and one child aged under 12 years. Connecting villas are available. Each Garden Suite Residence benefits from all the features of the Garden Villa, in addition to a living area that may be converted into a second bedroom. The hillside above the gardens is the location for every Villa de Charme, which is ideal for couples hoping for a little extra privacy. For the ultimate seclusion, we recommend the Villa de Charme Élégance option, which boasts an outdoor bathroom with thatch roof and a terrace extension with private whirlpool. By far the most lavish category is the Villa Présidentielle Île d’Abondance, which includes three bedrooms, a super-size living space, a dining kiosk and resting lounge, a private whirlpool, a private swimming pool, a dedicated butler service, and views as far as Praslin.
**For families with children under the age of 6 years, we always request a *Garden Suite Residence, Garden Villa, or a room without a balcony for safety reasons. If you stay here with us, please ensure you are given a Garden room.**
ACTIVITIES AT LE DOMAINE DE L'ORANGERAIE:
- From this very comfortable accommodation, you can enjoy an excellent assortment of activities on and around La Digue.
- Anse Severe is fantastic for swimming and snorkeling, or simply sunbathing on the soft white sands.
- You can also hike and bike around the island, taking in many attractions on your way. The main village, La Passe, is well worth a visit, as is Union Estate, a coconut factory that is now a theme park.
- At the estate, you can explore the old Plantation House, go horse riding, and check out some giant tortoises.
- La Digue also has a nature reserve, where the birding is particularly good.
- Various local art galleries provide plenty of intrigue too.
- Boat trips may be taken to neighboring islands, and helicopter trips are perfect for appreciating the Seychelles from the sky.
- Le Domaine owns a catamaran – the Oplezir – and every guest can enjoy a full day of cruising around the coastline of La Digue and farther out into the archipelago.
- The Oplezir contains both fixed and removable seating, so it can offer both a bar and a dancefloor.