Altogether, the relaxed pace of life at Denis matched with the owner’s motto, ‘The island is yours … do what you want without disturbing others’, makes for a truly blissful barefoot luxury experience. Highly recommended! The service standards here are set sky-high, with guests reporting great friendliness and efficiency shown by staff. Dining receives particular praise – there may be just one restaurant, but it offers an outstanding range of island produce across exciting themes such as tasty sushi, BBQ meats and Creole specialties. Guests benefit also from being able to select wines from Denis’ own cellar. The pampering continues with wellness treatments, bestowed in the serene surrounds of the cottage courtyards.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The main facilities are located on the northwestern tip of the island, at Pointe Madame Guichard.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT DENIS PRIVATE ISLAND:
They consist of a large structure housing Reception, the Boutique and Library, terrace dining room, and split-level lounge and bar overlooking a delightful deck and swimming pool. All buildings are constructed from natural materials, while the interiors use a calm contemporary color scheme.
All 24 cottages and the villa are spaced either side of the Pointe, separated from each other by hedges and gardens. Their design is luxurious yet unpretentious, offering air-conditioned comfort in abundance to guests. Beach Villa occupies some 325m2 and includes king-size bed, spacious lounge, bathroom leading onto private courtyard with alfresco showers, plunge pool and its very own beachfront. Then there is the Family Cottage (169m2, with lounge easily converted to children’s bedroom), ten Beachfront Spa cottages, ten Deluxe Beach cottages and three Beach cottages. All boast double bed, seating area, courtyard, and deck with lovely sea views.
ACTIVITIES AT DENIS PRIVATE ISLAND:
- Activities at Denis include a variety of ocean sports from the island’s Activity Centre.
- Guests enjoy diving, snorkeling, fishing, or simply splashing about in the lagoon.
- In addition to swimming at the main building, there is tennis and snooker.
- Nature tours are also popular here, offering guests the opportunity to learn all about the island’s conservation projects and to visit the local farm and estate.
- And as children are welcome at Denis, there is a full menu of kids’ things to do – both water sports and land activities.