Situated in Klein, a lovely leafy suburb of Windhoek, is Villa Violet, a gem of a bed-and-breakfast whose hosts have a well-deserved reputation for being warm and welcoming! Guests stay here for a variety of reasons. Villa Violet is a great place to start and finish your travels in Namibia, as well as a brilliant base from which to explore the amazing town of Windhoek. A big thumbs-up from YZ.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Villa Violet is close enough to central Windhoek to make it easily accessible – driving to the capital city takes just five minutes, yet the guesthouse is far enough away so as not to suffer from the noise of the traffic!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT VILLA VIOLET:
On arrival at Villa Violet you are greeted by the friendly owners Heidi and Ben, who are fluent in English, German, French and Afrikaans. In their creation of Villa Violet they have managed to strike the balance between elegance and homeliness, which is just right for the weary traveller! The property is based around a central courtyard – this combines a tranquil garden complete with chairs and tables and a sparkling pool, perfect for helping you unwind. Inside, there is the rather charming lounge with a touch of modern sophistication – here you will find a television and DVD player, free Wi-Fi, and a small library. The breakfasting area is spacious, light and airy, so you can sit back and enjoy the generous and healthy buffet breakfast while planning what your day will hold! For extra peace of mind, each guest is provided with a personal remote key to the main gate, in case you wish to stay out a bit later in the evening.
In all of the five guest bedrooms you will find a hint of the colour violet in the décor – this goes some way to explaining the name of this B&B! It is subtle and very tasteful, mixing with other hues to make each room inviting, individual and relaxing. All rooms come with air conditioning and heater, a flatscreen television, a personal safe, and en-suite facilities featuring a private shower and flush loo. You can also request a hairdryer and baby cot if needed. There is the choice of either a double bed or twin beds – both options are superbly comfortable! – and, like all the other rooms at the guesthouse, the bedrooms are pleasantly situated around the courtyard.
ACTIVITIES AT VILLA VIOLET:
- Windhoek is home to a host of attractions and activities.
- There is the opportunity to book a cultural and historical tour of the city and you can make an appointment to visit a diamond and jewellery showroom!
- You can also visit the National Museum, the Diamond Museum, and the National Botanical Research Institute, or do some serious shopping in the stores located in the many malls.
- It is also worth taking time to visit the ‘Titenpalast’ (Ink Palace) too, with its glorious gardens – it is the home of the National Assembly of Namibia and a popular place for visitors and inhabitants alike.
- For those seeking an authentic Namibian souvenir, you can take advantage of the fact that there are some real bargains on offer from the street vendors lining the streets of downtown Windhoek!