Based on the original building, which was constructed between 1908 and 1913, the elegant Villa was completely refurbished for opening in 2008 under the current owners Claudine and Amelio. Today it is a fantastic spot to relax in luxury before heading out to the myriad adrenaline-fuelled sports on offer in this crazy town!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Offering stylish, traditional and colonial-style accommodation to guests visiting the Atlantic coastline of Namibia, Villa Margherita is an enticing prospect located in Swakopmund.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT VILLA MARGHERITA:
When you enter Villa Margherita you will be struck by the fine detail of the colonial design – the owners have kept the air of elegance throughout the entire property. In the communal living room there is a small library and fireplace, lovely for resting up with a book and keeping warm during the cooler days and as night draws in after a day out and about. A restaurant, which must be pre-booked, serves evening meals, and there is also a quaint garden with decking, beautiful flowers adorning the scene. In summer it is here where breakfast is served and it makes for a wonderful and peaceful start to the day! As a guest you are entitled to use the efficient laundry service for fresh clothes during your stay – and if you fancy a bit of pampering, why not take advantage of the professional massages, available to book on site? You will always feel relaxed and chilled out at the Villa, the perfect bolthole from the stresses of life.
Accommodation comprises eight suites and bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom facilities. Some of these have a private lounge area, but all offer guests that intimacy and privacy they are seeking on a getaway trip! In each room you will find a safe, a hairdryer, plus everything you need to make a strong coffee first thing or a cup of tea to soothe the soul when you return at night. There is also a flatscreen television, personal laptops upon request, and access to free Wi-Fi. The décor in each suite is in keeping with the style of the communal areas, with large paintings hanging on the walls and a combination of antique furnishings and modern artwork. Every suite and bedroom is different to the next, as a personalized approach is the priority of the ownership at Villa Margherita. All the beds are very comfortable, making it difficult to get up in the morning! Some rooms, such as the Romeo & Juliet Room, have their own balcony, so you can gaze out at the stars at night with your lover. Families are welcome to guest in the cottage, which has two cozy and interlinked rooms, whereas the honeymoon suite is situated almost as its own private hotel, with private parking, a terrace and lounge area, and a different location opposite the rest of the boutique Villa!
ACTIVITIES AT VILLA MARGHERITA:
- Swakopmund is located on the Atlantic coast of Namibia, and as such Villa Margherita is in the ideal place for you to enjoy the sandy beaches and a bit of sun worshipping!
- Adrenaline junkies come from all over to enjoy this town, with sky diving, dune-boarding and quad biking all available for you to get out into the wild and enjoy some extreme sports through the Namib Desert dunes!
- Alternatively, you can glide over the desert in a hot air balloon. The staff are very helpful when it comes to booking guests on these types of trips.
- They are also keen to help you see more of a local and authentic side to Namibia – as such, you can easily book on to guided tours that feature local conservation ventures and take you into local habitats.
- This is a truly meaningful experience – and the mixture of both types of activities make for an interesting vacation!