Sugar Beach belongs to the Sun Resorts portfolio of properties. Sun Resorts is among the largest hotel groups in Mauritius, boasting six resorts island-wide. With over thirty years’ experience in the hotel industry, the group is able to state that satisfaction is guaranteed. And staff are pleasant and friendly, doing their utmost to ensure a memorable stay. From the wealth of dining experiences to the massage and body treatments at the Aura Spa, a stay here is pretty special!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Sugar Beach is situated on the west coast of Mauritius, within 12ha of landscaped gardens and along almost a full kilometer of beautiful beaches. It is close to seaside village Flic en Flac and 45km from the airport in the South.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SUGAR BEACH RESORT:
The resort has been designed to resemble a sugar plantation from colonial times. The centerpiece is the imposing Manor House, flanked by equally elegant communal buildings. The main restaurant is Mon Plaisir, offering buffet breakfasts and local fare. Light lunches and dinners featuring seafood are available at Tides, located just a few steps from the super-spacious main pool (2000m3!), while Citronella’s provides the finest in Italian cuisine. Guests also have access to Paul & Virginie Mauritian restaurant, at neighboring resort La Pirogue. There is an excellent assortment of bars too, plus gym, spa, library, shopping emporium, and kids’ and teens’ clubs too!
Accommodation at SugarBeach consists of 258 rooms and suites, in six categories – Standard Room with garden or ocean view, Superior Room with garden or ocean view, Superior Room with beach access and Villa Suite with beach access. All options are air-conditioned and feature satellite TV, IDD telephone, Wi-Fi (at cost), electronic safe, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and mini bar. Shower and WC comes as standard, with all other rooms including bathtub. And all options boast a lovely private terrace or balcony with lounger, ottoman and sofa – perfect for relaxing and taking in the view!
**For families with children under the age of 6 years, we always request a ground floor room or a room without a balcony for safety reasons. If you stay here with us, please ensure this is what you are given. Alternatively, you can request a screen.**
ACTIVITIES AT SUGAR BEACH RESORT:
- Plenty of activities are available at Sugar Beach. For free, guests enjoy windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, water polo, water volleyball and glass-bottom boat rides.
- Watersports requiring a surcharge include diving, waterskiing, parasailing, catamaran cruises and deep-sea fishing trips. On land, there is tennis, table tennis, badminton, volleyball, mini football and Frisbee.
- At the resort’s Sports Bar, there is even more on offer – pool tables, video games, MTV.
- Guests are able to hire mountain bikes to explore the local area and it is possible to play golf on two courses – Ile aux Cerfs and Tamarina, just a 15-minute drive away.
- Golf is also available for younger guests as part of the kids’ and teens’ club menu, along with tennis, swimming and windsurfing – and evening entertainments such as campfires and BBQ!