Formerly a Sun Resorts property, it is now owned by Shangri-La. This company has been managing hotels for well over forty years, so you are in safe hands here! With a name inspired by the paradisiacal place in James Hilton’s novel Lost Horizon, Shangri-La aims to provide nothing short of a utopian experience. Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort & Spa has pretty much everything you need and more for the best beach break ever.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The Resort occupies a lovely long stretch of coastline, in addition to two islands! Just 45km from SSR Airport, it is accessible via road transfer of about an hour.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SHANGRI-LA LE TOUESSROK:
Constructed from timber and thatch, all buildings merge seamlessly into the natural landscape of lofty palms, white sandy beaches, and sapphire sea beyond. Inside, the décor is super-chic contemporary, with a neutral palette that encourages guests to unwind. There are no fewer than five restaurants! These serve the very best Western and Asian cuisine at a variety of locations – there really is something to suit everyone here. The Resort’s two bars stock an assortment of snacks as well as ample alcoholic refreshments. Throughout the communal buildings there are plenty of lounge areas where guests can relax and enjoy their surroundings. Alternatively, you can take a dip in the main swimming pool or the smaller frangipani pool, which is connected to the spa. The health centre supplies classes in yoga, fitness and aquagym – and you can even book a personal trainer to motivate you to reach your fitness goals! Shopaholics will love checking out the Resort’s arcade, while those who need to stay connected to the outside world will be very appreciative of complimentary internet access as well as complimentary digital newspaper every day! And if you are planning a corporate event, Le Touessrok is well set up for business clients – the Resort features two conference rooms, each with the latest audiovisual equipment including projector and screen.
Guest accommodation here consists of 200 rooms, suites and villas! All rooms and suites are positioned on the beachfront, offering superb views. Like the main interiors, they have a very modern style. Rooms come in two categories – Deluxe Ocean View and Deluxe Beach Access, all measuring approximately 55m2. Each includes king-size bed or two queen-size beds, in addition to satellite television, free Wi-Fi, safe, tea- and coffee-making facilities, mini bar, and en-suite bathroom with flush toilet, washbasin, deep bathtub, and separate shower. For suites, there are six categories – four types of Junior, then Deluxe, and lastly Shangri-La. Juniors occupy 70m2 of floor space, while Deluxe suites measure 126m2 and the Shangri-La suite is 320m2! All contain the same amenities as the Rooms – the difference lies mostly in the size of the accommodation, which allows for separate lounge and dining areas. And some of the suites are situated on their own private islet, a walk across a bridge from the main site. Finally, Le Touessrok boasts three lavish villas, each 423m2. Each has three bedrooms in total – two masters with king-size bed and the third with a queen-size bed. All villas have lounge/dining spaces, as well as private garden grounds with swimming pool, private access to the beach, 24-hour butler service, an electric car for use around the Resort, your own personalized bathrobe, and a daily presentation of fresh fruit!
**For families with children under the age of 6 years, we always request a ground floor room or a room without a balcony for safety reasons. If you stay here with us, please ensure this is what you are given. Alternatively you can request a screen.**
ACTIVITIES AT SHANGRI-LA LE TOUESSROK:
In addition to providing truly sumptuous guest accommodation, Le Touessrok has an excellent assortment of activities to keep everyone entertained.
- Complimentary watersports include snorkeling, kayaking, waterskiing, windsurfing, wake boarding, pedal boating, stand-up paddle boarding, sailing, and Hobie Cat riding – wow! At extra charge, guests can enjoy such sports as kite surfing, banana tube riding, big game fishing, parasailing, catamaran sailing, undersea walking, scuba diving, and even PADI and CMAS scuba diving courses, ranging from beginners to advanced.
- On dry land, there is tennis, badminton, bocce ball, football, volleyball, jogging, and archery! And if you relish a round of golf, you will want to spend some time over on the Ile aux Cerfs, just off the coast, home to one of the finest courses in the world.
- Designed by Bernhard Langer, Le Touessrok’s gorgeous 18-hole championship course is simply a must-tee for all keen golfers!
- And nature lovers will be happy exploring the Resort’s nature trails, on foot or by bike.
- When you need to take a break between all these activities, staff members are on hand to ensure that you are comfortable and have everything you need.
- For the ultimate in downtime, guests can head to Ilot Mangénie, the other island owned by the Resort, to sit back and relax in the sun.
- Chi, the spa, is also a great place for taking time out, with its eight treatment rooms, personalized programs, and ayurvedic doctors on hand for private consultations!
- The dining experience at Le Touessrok is also very special and we really like Sega Bar, a rum and Tiki bar providing authentic Mauritian drinks with a background of great entertainments – reggae and seggae music, jazz and blues.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the Resort, though youngsters aged under 16 years are not permitted to enter the bars or to use the frangipani pool.
- Luckily the main pool is very spacious and together the kids club and teens club keep their members busy every day from nine in the morning until ten at night!
- Activities available include tennis, golf, and windsurfing, as well as lots of social dos. And there is a babysitting service too!