As a member of the LUX* Resorts & Hotels property portfolio, LUX* Le Morne prides itself on delivering lighter and brighter hospitality via a simple, fresh and sensory approach. This theme runs throughout the resort – from the restaurants with cuisine ranging from local to international fare, to the exciting entertainments in the main eaterie, to the LUX* Me concept of the resort’s spa combining fitness, nutrition and retreats. Then there are the signature LUX* experiences around the hotel, a red phone box where you can make free phone calls home & cinema screenings under the stars of the Indian Ocean to name but a few.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The hotel is located just an hour from the airport, in the island’s South. LUX* Le Morne has a fabulous location. On one side of the resort, there is the majestic mountain Le Morne, a UNESCO Heritage Site. On the other side, there is a stunning stretch of beaches with powder-white sands.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LUX* LE MORNE:
Most of the main facilities at Le Morne are situated at the center of the resort. They consist of a boutique, conference room, fitness center and spa, with two restaurants positioned closest to the sea for guests to enjoy amazing ocean views while they dine. The third restaurant is situated on the shore, not far from the boat house, while the dive center occupies the opposite end of the beach. Of the three bars, two have their own pool – and that is in addition to the spectacular main pool adjacent to the central buildings and another tucked behind the spa! And there is also the kids’ and teens’ club, plus library, infirmary and games room for everyone to enjoy.
Le Morne’s guest accommodation comprises five categories of rooms and suites, ranging from Superior Room to four types of junior suite – standard, Honeymoon, Prestige and Ocean. The suites are nearer to the seafront. All options are air-conditioned and include king-size bed, dressing room, mini bar, satellite TV and DVD player, IDD telephone, complimentary Wi-Fi, safe, and private terrace or balcony to savor the views. All bathrooms have bathtub, separate shower and WC – and Prestige suites boast an outdoor shower too! Interconnecting options are also available. The accommodation is distinctly chalet in style, blending beautifully into the garden surrounds, while interiors are cool and contemporary with warm wood notes.
ACTIVITIES AT LUX* LE MORNE:
- Many activities are available at LUX* Le Morne, from the resort’s dive center and boathouse as well as inland.
- Watersports for free include windsurfing, waterskiing, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, pedal-boating and glass-bottom boat rides.
- For a fee, guests may go scuba diving, big-game fishing, or on a speedboat ride.
- Land sports comprise tennis, table tennis, beach volleyball, bocci ball – or a full-on fitness program in the gym! LUX* Le Morne is happy to arrange trips to Tamarina Golf Course on the western coast and to advise on the best way to explore the local area, by hiking or biking around the mountain itself.
- Quad biking and kite-surfing are also available – and horseriding too!
- And the club for kids and teenagers provides plenty of things for younger guests to do – art classes, treasure hunts and nature tours, to name just a few.