Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita is ideal for travellers looking for luxurious resort accommodation! Anahita welcomes all types of traveller, and children aged 12 years and under stay for free! The resort received a Travellers’ Choice award from TripAdvisor in 2017 and it regularly inspires excellent reviews.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Anahita is easily accessed from Mauritius’ international airport, a road transfer of approximately 35 kilometres (45 minutes’ travel time).
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT FOUR SEASONS RESORT MAURITIUS AT ANAHITA:
The resort occupies an islet off the east coast. The design of its communal buildings is fairly grand – the main entrance includes a water feature and a series of tall pillars. Inside, there is an airy reception room under a raised wooden roof and with highly polished wood-and-stone floors. A similarly elegant style may be enjoyed throughout all other communal spaces, from the bar/lounge with its comfortable seating to all four of Anahita’s restaurants – Acquapazza (sushi lunches and starlit suppers), Beau Champ (French fine dining), Bambou (beachfront fusions), and Il Forno (Mediterranean). The resort has a spa too, for massages, hair and beauty treatments, facials, and much more besides! Anahita’s gym provides a full range of aerobic equipment, a boxing area, and a semi-Olympic lap pool. In fact, the resort has an impressive total of four pools – the lap pool, an infinity-edge pool, a free-form California-edge pool, and a pool for children. And there’s also the golf course, 18 holes over 26 hectares designed by Ernie Els!
Guest accommodation at Anahita consists of 136 villas and residences, in 15 categories of Guest Room, Suite, and Villa. All options contain comfy beds with down duvets and pillows (or hypoallergenic alternative), air conditioning, an alarm clock, a satellite television, a DVD player, a multi-line telephone with voicemail, free Wi-Fi, a safe, a refrigerated private bar, a tea-and-coffee station, complimentary slippers and bathrobes, a hairdryer, and ironing facilities. Guests may request use of a laptop, printer, and fax machine, as well as an air ioniser if required. Solos and couples are accommodated in the Guest Room, a room within one of six villas with a name indicating its location within the resort – Sanctuary Beach Pool, Sanctuary Ocean Pool, Beach Pool, Ocean Pool, Mangrove Pool, and Garden Pool. Many rooms have a crib or an extra bed, suitable for a child. Typically the en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin/s, bathtub, and outdoor shower. The suite at Anahita – Presidential Suite Sanctuary – is perfect for an extended family or group of travellers looking for luxury in a very secluded setting! This option is positioned on the tip of the islet, and it sleeps up to six adults or three adults and three children. Amenities include a private patio and pool, a kitchen, a dining area, and a relaxing lounge. Even larger parties can choose one of the resort’s lavish villas, as this category includes the Five-Bedroom Royal Residence! Featuring all the amenities of the suite as well as a full home entertainment system, marble bathrooms, and balcony views, a villa at Anahita provides a super-sumptuous base for your island vacation.
ACTIVITIES AT FOUR SEASONS RESORT MAURITIUS AT ANAHITA:
- The resort offers an excellent assortment of activities.
- In addition to golf, pastimes on land include hiking, biking, horse riding, buggy excursions, zip lining, Segway safari, bird watching, and archery!
- There are plenty of opportunities for water fun too – surfing, kite surfing, parasailing, diving, small game fishing, deep sea fishing, catamaran trips, submarine rides, and undersea walks.
- You can even take to the skies, for helicopter tours and skydiving! Mauritius is of great interest culturally, with its capital city Port Louis home to a wealth of restaurants, museums, and the famous Chinatown.
- Other trips include Sugar Adventure (an interactive exhibition), Grand Bassin (the natural volcanic lake), Champ de Mars Racecourse, Didus Art Gallery, Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens, Black River Gorges National Park, Le Morne Brabant, and the celebrated Seven Coloured Earths of Chamarel.
- We guarantee that you will not run out of things to do during your stay! There are activities for children too, as the resort provides a kids club – the Hobbit Village – offering swimming, line fishing, crab hunting, mini-tennis, mini-golf, baking, and treasure hunts.