What's the weather going to be like in Kenya in January?
- Days are hot and clear, but evening in Laikipia, Lewa and Mara can be cold
- We’re in dry season, so only occasional short spells of rain occur, usually in the afternoon
- It’s getting hotter throughout the month, and the water temperature around Kenya’s coast averages to 81 degrees
- Take layers for safari, including light waterproofs just in case
- The Maasai Mara National Reserve receives just five days of rain in January and eight sunshine hours daily