We reckon Naibor Camp is a great option for travelers who would like a peaceful place to base themselves while in the Maasai Mara. This is truly the finest in luxury safari! Just get in touch for more details
ACCESS & LOCATION:
It is situated south of the Talek River, within woodland close to the river banks. Approximately 2km from camp is the point at which the Talek joins the Mara River, famous for the Great Migration!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT NAIBOR CAMP:
Naibor’s main facilities nestle pleasantly in the shade of trees. They consist of lounge and dining areas within a massive mess tent, exquisitely furnished in a contemporary minimalist style. Throughout the day, the tent’s drapes are opened to allow cool breezes to waft through and to supply amazing views of the nearby hippo pod. At night, the drapes are closed to keep guests warm! The large lounge is fantastic for relaxing between activities, with comfortable sofas and chairs in abundance, a good assortment of books, and even a visit from the camp’s masseuse. From the main areas, a short track leads down to an outdoor dining area close to the river. Here, there is a fireplace, further chairs and tables, and a few hammocks too. Finally, the spa tent is set up in a corner of camp and there is also a boutique selling beautiful jewelry.
The guest accommodation at Naibor comprises just seven Luxury Tents, positioned amid the trees to maximize privacy. Each tent boasts a king-size bed or twin beds, bedside tables and hanging room for clothes. The décor matches that of the mess tent – cool contemporary – and the high ceilings provide an airy and spacious feel. The en-suite facilities consist of a flush toilet, twin washbasins, and a classic bucket shower. At the front of each tent, there is a veranda with a day-bed, perfect for taking a break and enjoying the view down to the river!
ACTIVITIES AT NAIBOR CAMP:
- Activities at Naibor focus on game drives, with both half-day and full-day excursions available. Half-day drives take place during early morning and late afternoon, while the full-day trip includes a picnic lunch and is particularly popular throughout the migration season.
- There is loads to see in the Maasai Mara all year round – all Big Five animals, numerous carnivores, and plenty of antelope species!
- The birdlife is impressive too, featuring many different types of raptors and waterfowl, for example.
- It is also possible to enjoy a visit to a local Maasai community, to get to know the people and to observe their traditional dances.
- And staff are also able to arrange a hot air balloon ride over the Maasai region, incorporating a champagne breakfast!
- The standard of guiding is very high at Naibor – and back at camp, staff are happy to help with everything!
- Bush breakfasts can be arranged (again, at extra cost), as can private dinners.
- And Ann, the on-site masseuse, works magic in the spa tent, such as head and neck massages to soothe all those knotted muscles! Manicures and pedicures are available too.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.