Loldia House is a very comfortable property and perfectly positioned for guests to explore Lake Naivasha and surrounds! Resembling the homesteads of early settlers, it is colonial in style. Loldia belongs to the Governors’ Camp Collection, a name synonymous with a high-quality safari experience and excellent value for money. This is one of the top camps near Lake Naivasha!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
It is situated within a private ranch to the north-west of Lake Naivasha.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LOLDIA HOUSE:
The communal facilities at Loldia House occupy the main house, a grand building with dark brick walls and partly gabled roof. The lounge has an English country manor feel, with its plump rose or cream sofas and armchairs around a glass-topped coffee table, rustic-look open fireplace, side tables sporting ornaments and vases of fresh flowers, and bookcase containing an array of hardbacked books! The restaurant is equally elegant, its long table surrounded by smart upright chairs. Further dining space is afforded by the house’s delightful deck, with lovely views across the garden and down to the lake, while breakfast and lunch are often served in the shade of a magnificent fig tree. Finally, there is also a small curio shop, selling some interesting souvenirs.
The guest accommodation at Loldia consists of four rooms within the house itself, in addition to a two-bed cottage and a three-bed cottage in the grounds. All options are furnished in similar style to the main facilities. Each of the rooms has a double bed, bedside tables, dressing table and stool, writing bureau, seating area, ample storage space, and en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, washbasin, shower and bath. The two-bedroom cottage is positioned on the outskirts of the grounds, on the shores of Lake Naivasha – this is a wonderful location for honeymooners, as there is plenty of privacy! There are amazing views too, over the lake as far as the extinct volcano Mount Longonot. The three-bedroom cottage, great for a family or group of friends, is situated farther up the hill – it boasts a large living room with open log fire and panoramic vistas of the lake! Please get in touch with us if you would like further details.
ACTIVITIES AT LOLDIA HOUSE:
Loldia offers some exciting activities!
- Game drives within the 6,500-acre ranch take place by day and by night, offering excellent opportunities to observe the local wildlife. It is also possible to enjoy guided walks around Crater Lake in the Great Rift Valley, to check out the resident troop of colobus monkeys.
- Guests hoping to stretch their legs fully appreciate the opportunity to climb Mount Longonot, with a well-deserved picnic lunch at the top!
- There is easier strolling on the airstrip of Loldia Ranch and laidback boating on Lake Naivasha, spotting over 400 species of bird.
- Many excursions are available too: to Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria, both famous for flocks of flamingo; to Hell’s Gate National Park, to view such species as lion, leopard, cheetah; to Crescent Island, to walk with a host of herbivores; to a local flower farm; to Loldia School; and to the Joy Adamson Museum, a visit that features a charming Afternoon Tea.
- And there is even golf, at the nearby Great Rift Valley Lodge!