YZ recommends Enasoit Private Camp for a large group of travelers seeking exclusive experiences in the breathtaking region of Laikipia.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Enasoit Private Camp is situated within its own conservancy, at the base of Mount Kenya on the Laikipia Plateau. The camp is usually accessed via flight from Nairobi. Travelers can choose between a chartered flight, which touches down on Enasoit’s own airstrip just 5 minutes’ drive from the property, and a scheduled flight, which lands in Nanyuki and is followed by a 1-hour road transfer.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ENASOIT PRIVATE CAMP:
Guest accommodation at Enasoit consists of six tented cottages, all with views of an active waterhole. Each features a double bed or twin beds, a separate seating area with cozy fireplace, and a private veranda with views across the plains. The cottages are spacious, with ample room for cots and additional beds for children. If your group is made up of more than, say, 12 persons, you could consider requesting use of two further cottages, situated in the Pool House area. These are every inch as well presented as the tented cottages, again with plenty of floor space available. Children of all ages are welcome, with cots and extra beds added to any of Enasoit’s guest cottages to make sure everyone is comfortably accommodated.
The communal areas of camp are housed in a mess tent set up in the midst of open grasslands, as well as a stone-and-thatch structure known as the Pool House and positioned within well-kept gardens on higher ground. The mess tent contains a lounge with comfortable seating and a fireplace, as well as a pleasant dining area. Both spaces flow out onto a deck, which has additional seating. Many happy hours may be passed here, tucking in to drinks, snacks, and meals while enjoying the beautiful view! The Pool House is also great for guests to relax and marvel at the scenery. Five minutes by road or a 20-minute stroll from the main site, this feature of Enasoit offers additional lounge and dining spaces, plus the pool itself. Communal amenities include a media room too, with satellite television, DVD player, broadband internet access, and mobile reception. There’s also a room for spa treatments, such as massage.
ACTIVITIES AT ENASOIT PRIVATE CAMP:
Enasoit offers a fine assortment of activities.
- Game drives are possible by day and by night, in the company of the camp’s expert game rangers. Wildlife highlights in the private conservancy include lion, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, and gazelles!
- Guided game walks are also available, and popular with guests who like to take a close look at the mammals, birds, insects, and plants of Enasoit.
- You can enjoy a bush picnic and sundowners with your safari if you decide to make a day of it.
- Horse riding also provides opportunities for seeing all the elements of the conservancy in greater detail. The property owns four horses, all well accustomed to trotting among the zebra herds.
- If you are feeling adventurous, you could take part in lion tracking!
- Birdwatching drives are a treat for fans of the feathery friends, and involve searching for a wide range of species within majestic cedar forests.
- Trips to Nanyuki are on offer too, for travelers interesting in soaking up a little culture. There really is a lot to do here – something for everyone to enjoy!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.