**On the 18th May 2019, Xudum was caught in a terrible bush fire. Sadly the entire lodge was lost; thankfully, all staff and guests had been safely evacuated well before the flames took hold. We’re not sure how long it will take to rebuild the lodge, so we’re unable to make bookings at present. However, if you’re interested in staying at Xudum when the lodge re-opens, please contact us to ask for the latest news.**
At YZ, we are big fans of &Beyond and Xudum is as fine a lodge as any in the company’s spectacular portfolio! Perfectly situated, with luxury accommodation and first-class service, Xudum is really first rate. Guests have their very own butler and housekeeper, who are friendly, respectful and discreet.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Overlooking a seasonal lagoon, Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge is located in a private wilderness concession of 25,00 hectares in the centre of the Okavango Delta.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT XUDUM OKAVANGO DELTA LODGE:
The communal building is raised on multi-layered wooden decks – these are open at the front to make the most of views of the surrounding landscape and waterways. The décor throughout is natural and recycled materials, complemented by the subtle brown-and-black colour scheme, while black-and-white photographs add a touch of class. The comfortable sofas and glass tables provide a great place to socialise – alternatively, you can relax in a cane lounger and enjoy some peace. The Lodge’s dining area and interactive kitchen encourage you to watch delicious meals being prepared and even to get involved with the creative process yourself! And guests who are young at heart will love taking a seat on a tyre swing and swaying in the shade of the trees while checking out the superb views.
Xudum’s guest accommodation consists of nine sumptuous suites, connected to the main lodge via sandy pathways. All suites boast a fabulous four-poster bed! Waking up in such luxury and surrounded by the majestic landscape of Botswana, is an amazing experience. The view from each suite, across the plains and waterways, is truly enticing – you will be eager to go out and explore! And the suites provide ample comforts whenever you need to take a break between activities. As well as the lovely large bedroom, there is a lounge area with writing desk, a deck with private plunge pool, and an upper deck too, which has a sala (day bed) for the ultimate in relaxation! This is accessed by a flight of wooden steps. Another set of steps leads down to the bathroom, which includes separate toilet, spacious bath, and indoor and outdoor showers. Complimentary toiletries are provided, in addition to a hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, sarong, insect repellent and spray, torch, umbrella… pretty much everything you could need!
ACTIVITIES AT XUDUM OKAVANGO DELTA LODGE:
There is plenty to do at Xudum – you really will feel spoiled for choice here.
- When the water levels are sufficiently high, you can take a boat out or you can glide silently across the water in your mokoro and get to know this beautiful part of the world. Be sure to keep a look out for aquatic animals such as hippo, reedbuck, painted reed frogs, and red lechwe! While you are out on the water, you can also do a spot of fishing.
- The Lodge offers day or night game drives too, with opportunities to see all kinds of wildlife – lion, leopard, elephant, hippo, large buffalo herds, tsessebe, roan antelope, and African wild dog!
- Keen birders will relish chances to spot any of the area’s 450 bird species, such as Pel’s fishing owl and a vast number of migrant birds during the summer.
- Guests can also take a scenic helicopter ride!
- Pull up to the jetty at the side of the main cabin and you will see the Lodge’s mokoro and boats, ready for use throughout your stay!