For intimate experience, Little Oliver’s Camp is first rate. It would work well for a group of friends to hire out, or even large families!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LITTLE OLIVER'S CAMP:
There are five luxury tents, placed perfectly for those who seek a little privacy. One is positioned a little farther away – lovely for honeymooning couples. The tents are raised from the ground and they all have private decks with sunloungers, so you can enjoy the view and spot game without leaving camp!
Each tent has either a double bed or twin beds – and one can even be made into a triple on request. All have fully plumbed-in en-suite facilities, comprising a sink, a flush toilet, and an indoor shower – and if you fancy bathing outdoors, there is a shower with spectacular views, surrounded by a privacy fence. Hot water is always available and provided by solar heaters. While the rooms are rather simple, they are decorated to a high standard and furnished with chunky wooden beds, bedside tables made from tree-trunks, and beautiful lighting!
The staff are welcoming and attentive and this is a very well managed property overall. Booked on a full-board basis, the camp offers high-quality and tasty food, and children of ages six years and older are welcome! Although the camp is not fenced, you are protected by the Askaris. These guards will escort you around at night, as animals do tend to wander through.
ACTIVITIES AT LITTLE OLIVER'S CAMP:
There are many activities for you to enjoy at Little Oliver’s Camp:
- Fly up high on one of their balloon safaris, experiencing the Tanzanian countryside as a bird’s-eye view.
- Take a bush breakfast or picnic and tuck in surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery and animals in the world.
- If you would like to get a little closer to those animals, go on a guided hike and appreciate the privilege of walking in these natural areas, feeling an exhilarating sense of adventure!
- The walking safaris are safe, even though you can come close to large animals such as elephant, giraffe and buffalo – and you may even spot lion!
- The guides are very experienced and you will be accompanied on every walk.
- And if you do not want the day to end, why not combine it with some fly camping and then, in the morning, carry on into the more remote parts of Tarangire?
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.