Diamonds La Gemma dell’Est is one of Zanzibar’s best all-inclusive resorts, in a gorgeous beachside location. It is owned and operated by Planhotel Hospitality Group, which has a great reputation for running some of the finest small hotels and resorts worldwide! It has accommodation to suit all types of travellers, an excellent congress centre, and superb sports facilities too!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The resort is situated about an hour’s drive from Zanzibar’s international airport at Stone Town. The site is really beautiful – lush flower-filled tropical gardens flow as far as a long stretch of white sand fringed by palm trees, and beyond to the sparkling sea.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT DIAMONDS LA GEMMA DELL'EST:
Many of the buildings are made from traditional wood and thatch, producing a lovely laidback beach style. It feels fantastic to sit and relax in any of the four restaurants and five bars on site and enjoy the amazing views! You can tuck in to breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Pavilions Restaurant, which provides al fresco local/Mediterranean dining and features a theme night every week. Delicious pizzas, salads, and drinks are available every evening at Coral Cove Pizzeria down by the beach. Dinners are also served at The Beach Grill and Sea Breeze à la carte Restaurant, but both are subject to an extra charge. However, bar snacks and most drinks are included in the cost of your stay. Café Moresco supplies teas, coffees, snacks, and desserts, while Sunset Lounge & Bar serves wines, beers, spirits, cocktails, and live entertainment until midnight! Rock Bar features live music, Beach Bar is great for light lunches, and the relaxing Lobby Lounge is open from 8 in the morning to 10:30 at night. La Gemma dell’Est has a spa too, the MVUA African Rain Spa, plus a well-equipped gym, an enticing fashion boutique, a spacious saltwater pool, and first-rate conference facilities.
Guest accommodation at the resort comes in five categories – Villa Club Room, Deluxe Room, Suite, Ocean Suite, and Presidential Suite. All have ocean views and are very well appointed. The Villa Club Room contains a wide double bed or twin beds (both options with mosquito nets), fully adjustable air conditioning, a fan, a luggage rack, a satellite TV, a digital safe, a bar that is restocked daily, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and a large bathroom featuring flush toilet and bidet, washbasin, vanity mirror, shower cabin, and hairdryer. All Villa Club Rooms include access to a public lounge. The Deluxe Room has all the amenities of the Villa Club Room, in addition to a telephone you can use to make international calls. Each Suite benefits from a separate lounge and a corner kitchen. Ocean Suites come with a key card, a king-size four-poster bed, a spacious sofa bed, two satellite televisions, plus a number of other devices on request – laptop, DVD player, Wii, iPod/iPad docking station. Finally, the Presidential Suite boasts a walk-in wardrobe, a large living room, an office, a butler, a private pool, and a hydromassage Jacuzzi bath!
ACTIVITIES AT DIAMONDS LA GEMMA DELL'EST:
There is loads to do on Zanzibar.
- Guests need only head to La Gemma dell’Est’s watersports centre to book catamarans, laser boats, canoes, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, and banana boats!
- Scuba diving is also available, while keen anglers will snap up opportunities for big game fishing.
- The resort also provides plenty of land sports, including stretching, water aerobics, tennis, table tennis, bocce, beach soccer, beach volleyball, water polo, and African line dancing!
- You can travel to Stone Town for some fascinating tours, seeing such sights as the town market, the slave market and slave chambers, the House of Wonders, the National Museum, Livingstone’s House, Sultan’s Palace, and the Old Fort. Spice tours are possible too.
- If you wish to combine your beach break with a short safari, you can take a trip to Selous Game Reserve, East Tanzania, to spot the famous Big Five – lion, rhino, leopard, buffalo, elephant – as well as hippos and crocodiles, and all manner of birdlife! The Selous is a nature lover’s dream.