Guests at Mushara Bush Camp can expect a carefully crafted experience that is tranquil, warm and welcoming. The property provides the perfect location from which to explore the exciting bush and surrounding reserve. With wildlife on the doorstep, Marc and Mariza Pampe have pulled out all the stops to provide a natural, safe and friendly camp for use as a base.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
This camp is aimed at providing a warm and friendly environment for families and solo travellers who are looking for accommodation on the doorstep of Etosha National Park.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT MUSHARA BUSH CAMP:
Marc and Mariza have carefully crafted an authentic bush-camp feel, especially within the communal building. The main house is thatched and it contains a relaxing lounge, bar and dining area. All meals are served on the thatched veranda, where you can dine with the wild bush just a few feet away. Once you have digested your meal, unwind at the campfire – you can tell stories of your day and hear what other families and travellers have witnessed in the bush or in the national park that day! The décor in the property is soft and gentle, with hanging baskets of lights above each dining table, comfortable sofas and chairs, plus potted plants and stone floors to complete the natural feel of everything you see. A circular swimming pool, with a smaller children’s pool to one end, lies in front of the main area of the camp. Many an hour can be spent sunbathing, or reading in the shade, while the children splash in the pool and resident warthogs graze nearby! There is also a playground area for the kids to enjoy in the safety of the camp’s surroundings.
To complement the natural and authentic bush-camp feel of the communal areas, the 16 tents are built from wood, local limestone, and canvas, with brushed cement floors to keep them cool in the heat of the midday sun! The tents have floor-to-ceiling windows, en-suite bathrooms overlooking the bush, and even their own private verandas where you can chill out and enjoy the serene atmosphere. Each room is spacious and airy, with mosquito nets, fans, a safe, and all the facilities you need to make a nice brew or cup of coffee. Authentic lanterns are used for lighting, hanging alongside the bed to give you that vibe of being out in the bush in the olden days. Four of the tents available are designed purely for families, with sofa beds for the little ones! Each tent’s large bathroom boasts a massive window, so you can shower with amazing views of nature, throughout the day.
ACTIVITIES AT MUSHARA BUSH CAMP:
- Mushara Bush Camp is located on its own private reserve – as we have mentioned, there are resident warthogs for you to gaze at, but that is not all! There are fantastic photo opportunities close by, as the local waterholes receive visits from many a beautiful animal – from springbok to zebra, leopard to lion, elephant to giraffe, and many more!
- The views are stunning and the wildlife is within sight from your private veranda in the tent and from the dining area as you eat – or you can venture out on a guided bush walk on the property or enjoy a vehicle safari into the main reserve. The majority of guests come with their own vehicles, with a view to journeying out on their own into the wild.
- Safe and shaded parking is available and the location is superb, with all sorts of wildlife and vegetation within easy reach, as the world-renowned Etosha National Park is just 8km from camp!
- Guests at Mushara Bush Camp can expect a carefully crafted experience that is tranquil, warm and welcoming. The property provides the perfect location from which to explore the exciting bush and surrounding reserve.
- With wildlife on the doorstep, Marc and Mariza Pampe have pulled out all the stops to provide a natural, safe and friendly camp for use as a base.