Booked on a B&B basis, Montebello offers a sumptuous base from which to explore Namibia’s capital city, whether you’re here for just one night or more. Please note, although there are no age restrictions, children must be supervised, as the property’s communal facilities include a pool.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
A modern property featuring plenty of clean lines, Montebello Guesthouse is situated on Akwamaryn Street in Windhoek’s Eros Mountains, a very pleasant suburb. The guesthouse can be accessed via road transfer from Hosea Kutako International Airport, which is approximately 40 kilometres from the town. A shuttle service is available – alternatively, there is free parking on site.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT MONTEBELLO GUESTHOUSE:
Montebello offers nine rooms, all within a separate building in the grounds. Each has a private entrance and beautiful interiors, featuring contemporary African design. Every room is air conditioned, and contains a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables with lighting over, a writing desk and chair, a separate seating area, and ample storage space. Additional amenities include a satellite television, complimentary Wi-Fi, a tea-and-coffee station, a mini-bar, and a safe deposit box. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, large washbasin, and walk-in shower or bathtub. The accommodation includes wheelchair-accessible options – please contact us for further info!
Communal facilities here include a lounge with comfortable seating around coffee tables, an elegant restaurant, and a bar. The guesthouse provides a delicious buffet breakfast – a range of bread rolls, cereals, cheeses, eggs, cold meats, and fruits are just a few delights available! Staff are happy to recommend local eateries for lunch and dinner. Wi-Fi is available throughout the main areas. There’s also a reliable mobile phone signal, and a telephone at reception for guest use. Outside the guesthouse, there’s a courtyard for al fresco breakfasting and general relaxation, as well as a spacious swimming pool flanked by sunloungers – bliss!
ACTIVITIES AT MONTEBELLO GUESTHOUSE:
- Windhoek boasts an exciting variety of attractions, so if you are able to take time to explore the city you’ll not be short of things to do! Staff at Montebello are able to offer advice and also to make bookings for you.
- You could start with a local tour, which usually includes the city centre, the Katatura township for Xwama Cultural Village, a game farm, and even the mountains! Both vehicle and walking excursions are available.
- Windhoek has a few good museums, such as Alte Feste and State for finding out about the history of Namibia. Owela Museum is worth visiting too, not least for its information on cheetah conservation!
- There’s also the National Art Gallery of Namibia and the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre.
- A trip to the city’s botanical gardens is highly recommended, and if you want to get active you could travel to Avis Dam for mountain biking, canoeing, fishing, and other activities.
- Horse riding is possible too! And Windhoek has numerous shops, restaurants, cafés, and bars, as well as a few nightclubs for dancing into the small hours.