Established in 2009, and previously run as Swakopmund Boutique Hotel, Hotel Zum Kaiser is owned and operated by Taleni Africa, a company with a portfolio of properties throughout Namibia. Regularly praised for its service standards, Zum Kaiser has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor! The accommodation is booked on a B&B basis, including parking and Wi-Fi. A maximum of one child and one infant can stay for free, where they are sharing a room with two fully paying adults.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Hotel Zum Kaiser’s address is 4 Sam Nujoma Avenue, quite literally a stone’s throw from Swakopmund’s beachfront! Self-drivers from Walvis Bay have a journey of 35 kilometres along the B2, while the road transfer from Windhoek is a bit longer at 360 kilometres. Flights from Windhoek to Swakopmund take half an hour or so, followed by a drive of just 10 minutes along the Avenue. The hotel is a modern four-storey building, featuring a round entrance porch bedecked with flags. There’s a rooftop terrace too!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT HOTEL ZUM KAISER:
Guest accommodation at Hotel Zum Kaiser consists of 21 rooms and one suite. All have a contemporary feel. Three family rooms are created by combining two units via interleading doors. The majority of rooms boast beautiful views over the ocean! All are fully air conditioned and contain a double bed or twin beds, beside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a lounge area, and a wardrobe with plenty of storage space. Additional amenities include a satellite television, a telephone, a bar fridge, a tea-and-coffee station, an electronic safe, and free Wi-Fi. En-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin, walk-in shower, and deep bathtub! Some rooms have a private balcony too. The hotel’s suite benefits from all the features of the room option, but its bed is king size and its washing facilities are open plan with the bedroom. As it has a cosy fireplace as well, we think it’s perfect for honeymooners or couples on a romantic retreat – please get in touch for further details!
The communal facilities at Hotel Zum Kaiser are every inch as impressive as the guest accommodation. A uniformed doorman welcomes guests into the hotel’s friendly reception, where drinks and information about services are presented. Adjacent to this area is a sumptuous lounge, with comfy seating around coffee tables. Teas and coffees are available 24/7, from a stand in the hotel lobby. The ground floor has a television room too, where you can also read and access the internet. The hotel’s restaurant, Bistro Zum Kaiser, is found in the next-door building. This is the setting for daily delicious breakfast feasts, in addition to a variety of lunches and dinners featuring a fusion of Namibian and German cuisine. Come sundown, guests tend to head up to the hotel’s rooftop terrace, accessible via a spiral staircase from reception or a lift. Here you can enjoy cocktails, beers, wines, ciders, cool drinks, and a range of snacks while watching the sun set over the Atlantic. For further relaxation, you can visit Zum Kaiser’s Unwind Wellness Sanctuary for massages and reflexology. And the hotel also provides a conference room, for a maximum of 40 delegates. A boardroom for up to ten delegates is available too.
ACTIVITIES AT HOTEL ZUM KAISER:
- Once you have settled in at Hotel Zum Kaiser, you need only pop back down to the reception desk for advice about how to spend your time in Swakopmund.
- Staff members are happy to make recommendations and to arrange bookings for you. A short stroll to the local beach is a great way to begin your holiday here, for leisurely walks and swimming, depending on the weather!
- Many of the town’s finest restaurants, cafés, bars, and shops are also close to the hotel. Travellers interested in the history and culture of Swakopmund could consider a tour featuring the town’s most intriguing landmarks and museums.
- The German Evangelical Lutheran Church, Swakopmund Museum, and the National Marine Aquarium are just three attractions well worth a visit.
- Anyone after an adrenalin hit is advised to venture out to the Namib Desert, for sand boarding, quad biking, and skydiving! Desert safaris are always a good option for wildlife fans, while fishing and coast cruises are ideal for guests seeking something peaceful.
- Other excursions include Cape Cross seal colony and Mondesa Township.