Service standards at Hohenstein Lodge are excellent. Food options are varied and tasty – European-style dishes mingle with dashes of African style to make the taste buds dance! The local guides are very friendly and any questions you might have about the hikes and tours on offer are always answered with a smile.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Hohenstein Lodge is situated at the foot of the spectacular Hohenstein Mountain, on the south-western edge of the Erongo Mountain range.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT HOHENSTEIN LODGE:
From the majority of spots within Hohenstein Lodge, visitors are treated to a beautiful backdrop, stretching across the desert plain as far as the Spitzkoppe peak 30km away. At sunset, the mountain is sometimes bathed in red light, a sight that is awe-inspiring for all who witness it! The Lodge’s large terrace provides panoramic views at any time of the day – this is a great place to sit with family and friends. The main communal building has a welcoming reception area and an indoor restaurant with a fireplace. The terrace is ideal for outdoor dining – there is nothing better than taking in amazing views of the waterhole close by, as local game pause to quench their thirst. Even the swimming pool has panoramic views of the surrounding plains and mountain range!
Hohenstein Lodge’s guest accommodation consists of 14 bungalows, connected to the main areas via well-marked pathways. All units have been designed to maximise the views, especially from a private terrace! Within each bungalow, there is an en-suite shower room and a safe for added security. The bedrooms are comfortable, supplying everything you need to rest up during a stay on safari and a good base from which to relax and plan your time effectively, while appreciating some of the best views in Namibia!
ACTIVITIES AT HOHENSTEIN LODGE:
- Plenty of activities are available from Hohenstein Lodge.
- The property has some of the most adventurous hiking trails in Africa, including the Damara-Trail, Kudu-Trail and Panorama-Trail, or across to ‘boulder forest’.MAll hikes can be enjoyed in the company of a knowledgeable guide.
- The trails offer the chance to see wild animals up close and personal, with springbok, oryx, baboon and other animals stopping off at various waterholes along the route through sandy riverbeds and through the mountainside.
- Hiking and bird watching are two of the most popular activities for guests in this area, with local guides who are well able to bring you to the best spots for taking some photos!
- Sundowner trips are also possible – guests can also check out ancient Damara and Bushman artwork or visit the mineral miners, where you can experience a small slice of authentic local life!