In sum, Canyon Lodge is a fabulous base for exploring Fish River Canyon! Highly recommended by YZ.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Canyon Lodge is 20 kilometres from Fish River Canyon, nestled among granite boulders.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT CANYON LODGE:
As you approach the main building, you are treated to a lovely vision of soft sands merging with the greens of the gorgeous gardens. Carry on into the Lodge and a welcoming reception area and shop are there to greet you. The whole place has a country cottage feel, which works well with the breathtaking surroundings. There is tile flooring and low ceilings, and the décor is simple but pretty. Check in and then follow the path around to the luscious grasses, horse paddock and cool swimming pool. There is plenty of seating out here for you to enjoy the tranquillity as you sip on your favourite drink! Inside, there is an ample dining room, where you can enjoy your meals at the individual tables – and if you are not ready to go to bed, there is a separate bar with seating. The views are the main attraction, and you will not be disappointed as you gaze upon the beautiful expanse of the Gondwana Canyon Park!
Walk up the snaking pathway to your chalet and you will find it hidden away among the rocks. These chalets have been built into the rock face, so do not be surprised to see some jagged outlines, around your sink, shower and bed! All 25 chalets have air conditioning, a shower, and mosquito-netted comfortable beds. The décor is simple, complementing the natural materials that make up these lovely hideaways, and you have plenty of light from the large windows. A private veranda gives you the opportunity to enjoy this majestic land in peace and quiet, away from other guests. The surrounding granite makes the chalets the perfect place to cool off, after a day in the sun. Choose from a Standard Family Room, Standard Triple Room and Standard Twin Room – whichever one you choose, you will have a comfortable and secluded haven to enjoy during your stay!
ACTIVITIES AT CANYON LODGE:
- The main activities at Canyon Lodge are based around the spectacular landscape and all it has to offer.
- Take a drive and enjoy the expanse of the Gondwana Canyon Park, where ten farms were removed to recreate a Namibian Eden.
- Go on a guided drive to the Fish River Canyon and enjoy the unforgettable views. Meander along the Wildebeest Drive during a three-day canyon trail for an experience of a lifetime!
- You will see sunrises and sunsets that will remain with you for the rest of your life.
- Alternatively, simply take a morning hike and enjoy watching the world as it wakes up. Stay on the property and take a walking safari where you can see oryx, springbok, ostrich and wildebeest.
- There are so many sights to see in this special part of the world, you will not know where to start making all those unforgettable memories!