LUX* Grand Gaube is owned and operated by LUX* Resorts & Hotels. This company prides itself on a ‘Lighter.Brighter’ approach to hospitality, running luxurious properties all over the world. Grand Gaube was re-launched in December 2017, following refurbishment by pioneering designer Kelly Hoppen, and this year (2018) it received a TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice award! Various rates are available, so please contact a member of the YZ team to discuss which would best suit your needs.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The resort is accessed via 75 kilometres’ road transfer from Mauritius’ international airport. It’s situated on the island’s north-east coast, within tropical gardens and close to two beaches.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LUX* GRAND GAUBE:
Guest accommodation consists of 186 rooms, suites, and villas across eight subcategories, so there really is something for everyone here! All options are characterised by Kelly Hoppen’s super-chic style. The following features are common across all subcategories – king-size bed or double beds, satellite television, movies on demand, IDD telephone, high-speed complimentary Wi-Fi, USB port for charging, tea-and-coffee station, mini-bar, safe, well-appointed en-suite shower room or bathroom, bathrobes and slippers, toiletries, hairdryer, welcome amenities, children’s amenities, free bottled water, and furnished balcony or terrace. Two types of accommodation have connecting rooms and the majority have ceiling fans. A few highlights include the Prestige Junior Suite’s whirlpool, and the dining room, butler service, and private pool offered in each villa! The rooms and suites are set out in two crescents, one on each of the beaches adjacent to the resort. The villas have a more secluded location, while remaining convenient for the resort’s communal facilities.
LUX* Grand Gaube has an impressive selection of restaurants and bars. The largest eatery is Palm Court, open for breakfast and dinner, and offering live cooking stations and an astonishing assortment of cuisine. Informal dining and drinking is available at Beach Rouge, complete with resident DJ! A la carte Bodrum Blue specialises in Turkish dishes with a stunning ocean backdrop, while Banyan provides a collection of experiences including a burger shack and rum treehouse. Peruvian and Argentine fusions are created at INTI evening restaurant plus bar. You can sink a few sundowners at G&T 100 Club and revive next morning at Café LUX*, where strong local-blend coffee is the main attraction! The resort even supplies own-brand ice cream, ICI, with some very exotic flavour combos. Other communal facilities comprise the LUX* ME spa, barber shop, fitness centre, and conference centre. The resort is well equipped for sports too, boasting a tennis academy, golf course, and no fewer than three swimming pools!
ACTIVITIES AT LUX* GRAND GAUBE:
- One of the first things many travellers do on arriving at Grand Gaube is to hit the beach! With two beautiful beaches situated close by, there’s plenty of sunbathing, sea swimming, and general relaxation to be enjoyed here.
- Fans of land sports can enjoy tennis and golf on site too. Beach volleyball, table tennis, football, bocciball, croquet, and tai chi are just a few additional sports you can enjoy for free.
- At additional cost, you can hire a bike and set to exploring Mauritius! A lot of watersports are possible here.
- Complimentary activities include waterskiing, windsurfing, snorkelling, kayaking, mini sails, pedal boats, glass-bottom boat trips, stand-up paddle boarding, and aqua gym.
- Pay a little extra, and you can go scuba-diving, big-game fishing, kite surfing, and tube riding, as well as venturing out on catamaran trips and speedboat rides.
- The resort’s kids club offers pool and beach games, treasure hunting, fishing lessons, dance parties, and much more besides!
- And teens can take part in tennis lessons, pedalo competitions, and bike excursions too. For more information about staying at Grand Gaube, please get in touch with YZ.