It occupies the site of former sugar estate Domaine de Bel Ombre and is named after Charles Edward Telfair, the Irish botanist and naturalist involved in the development of the area in the nineteenth century. Heritage Le Telfair is one of three properties in the portfolio of Heritage Resorts, high-end hotel brand of Mauritian group Veranda Leisure & Hospitality. This group has over thirty years’ experience, so guests are in safe hands here! The luxurious feel of the resort is well matched by excellent service standards, across all dining experiences and throughout the serene Seven Colours Spa. In fact, the spa (at neighbouring resort Heritage Awali) consists of no less than an entire village of clay huts with thatched roofs, and includes 20 treatment rooms, two beach kiosks, two pools, two hammams, a sauna, and a hair and beauty salon too!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort is located on the south coast of Mauritius, approximately 35km from the airport.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT HERITAGE LE TELFAIR GOLF & SPA RESORT:
A sense of history is retained at Heritage Le Telfair through the colonial style of its buildings. There are three restaurants – Annabella’s (named after Telfair’s wife) offering interactive dining with international cuisine, Gin’ja for pan-Asian specials on the beach, and Le Palmier for freshly prepared snacks by the main swimming pool. Cavendish Bar & Lounge is so titled for a type of banana that Telfair imported to Mauritius and boasts a quintessentially English smoking-room ambience. There is also a spa, hairdressing salon, boutique, library, gym, and a club each for children and teens.
Guest accommodation at Le Telfair comprises no fewer than eight categories of suites and rooms! Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements. All options are spacious and air conditioned, featuring flatscreen satellite TV, IDD telephone, data port, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and mini bar. Bathrooms include bathtub, walk-in shower and separate WC. The suites include complimentary Wi-Fi, iPod docking station and 24-hour butler service! As per the main buildings, the design of the accommodation is inspired by French colonial times – plenty of dark wood floors, panelled ceilings, period furniture, and floor-to-ceiling windows for guests to enjoy their view.
**For families with children under the age of 6 years, we always request a ground floor room or a room without a balcony for safety reasons. If you stay here with us, please ensure this is what you are given.**
ACTIVITIES AT HERITAGE LE TELFAIR GOLF & SPA RESORT:
- The range of activities available at Le Telfair is just as impressive as the range of accommodation!
- Guests with a passion for watersports may enjoy diving, windsurfing, waterskiing, kite surfing, big-game fishing, Catamaran cruises and glass-bottom boatrides.
- On land, there is also plenty to do, such as beach soccer, beach volleyball, tennis, table tennis, badminton, archery, garden croquet – and golf on the 18-hole par-72 championship course designed by architect Peter Matkovitch and situated in one of the most scenic regions of Mauritius.
- Additionally, the gym provides aerobics, tai chi and yoga sessions – or why not explore the local area by hiking or biking through the nature trails?
- And the teens’ club and kids’ club features beach parties, garden tours, river fishing and cookery!