Close to Nairobi National Park and the Giraffe Sanctuary, it is particularly popular with wildlife fans! There is accommodation to suit most types of traveller, with the option of booking the main house for exclusive use.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
OneFortyEight is situated in Langata, a pleasant suburb of Nairobi in the city’s south-west region. The hotel is usually accessed via road transfer from Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, a distance of approximately 20 kilometres.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ONEFORTYEIGHT:
Set in peaceful gardens, the main house has a homely timber frontage, while the studio building features large glass windows that let in plenty of light. Within the main house, there is a spacious communal lounge containing comfortable sofas, coffee tables, a cosy fireplace, and some intriguing artefacts and artworks. There is a dining room too, with a long table where everyone eats together. This space flows out onto a veranda, perfect for relaxing and enjoying views of the gardens. It is not unusual for guests to spot monkeys, warthogs, parrots, and peacocks amidst the trees, and to hear the occasional lion’s roar from the nearby national park! Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the communal areas. The studio building also boasts its own living and dining spaces, boasting a lovely open fireplace and gorgeous views.
Guest accommodation at OneFortyEight consists of four bedrooms within the main house and five apartments within the studio building. Three of the main house rooms are found on the first floor, and comprise a master bedroom with double bed and two double or twin rooms. The fourth room is located in the loft space and has three single beds – it is fantastic for children! All rooms are beautifully furnished. The master bedroom includes a private veranda and a well-appointed en-suite bathroom with bathtub as well as separate shower. Room 2’s en suite boasts a big bathtub with shower over, Room 3’s a rainfall shower, and guests in the loft room have access to a small shower room on the first floor. All accommodation in the studio building is equally well appointed. Three apartments are double storeyed – each offers a living/sleeping space and wet room on the lower level, and a double bedroom above. And a further two units have a comfy bedroom and en-suite bath and shower.
ACTIVITIES AT ONEFORTYEIGHT:
Once you have settled in at this smart hotel, you can start planning your time in Nairobi. OneFortyEight’s front desk staff members are happy to help with this.
- You could begin by visiting the city’s national park and heading out on a game drive to see lion, leopard, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, lots of antelopes, and a fine assortment of birds!
- The hotel is a short stroll from Nairobi’s Giraffe Sanctuary – here you can learn about ongoing endeavours to conserve the spectacular species, and you can get to know the residents too.
- Other attractions within 5 kilometres of the hotel include nature trails, art galleries, shopping malls, and museums. Guests can also take trips to Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park, Nairobi National Museum, and the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, which raises orphaned elephants and rhinos.
- However you choose to spend your time in and around Nairobi, you are guaranteed superb service throughout your stay at OneFortyEight. The accommodation is booked on a B&B basis, and the on-site restaurant offers both an à la carte menu and buffet meals. The front desk is open 24/7. Luggage storage is available, and there is a daily cleaning service. A laundry service is offered at additional cost.
- Children aged under 2 years stay for free, while youngsters aged from 2–12 years incur a reduced rate. Guests in the main house can request a wake-up service, featuring tea, coffee, and homemade biscuits – a great way to start the day!