At the end of 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a global health emergency due to a new coronavirus, COVID-19. The global press is covering this extensively, providing updates on a daily basis. At Yellow Zebra, we’re monitoring the situation closely and managing developments as they occur.
We are currently dealing with high call volumes due to the ever-changing circumstances. For clients already booked to travel with us we have set up a COVID-19 team to look after all clients affected by the pandemic. Our team is working as quickly as possible with clients in date order of their departure. We would like you to consider the following:
- If you are due to travel before the end of September and we have not contacted you already, please contact us immediately to talk through your travel options.
- For any clients outside of this timeframe please feel free to get in contact with your safari specialist.
Thank you for your understanding and we apologise in advance for the speed of our response at this time.
If you are looking to travel on safari we are still open for business and taking bookings.
THE YZ APPROACH
- As a UK company, we follow the UK government’s travel advice via the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO). The FCO has experts in our destinations, and keeping up to date with communications from these experts ensures that we are well informed.
- We also keep in close contact with our suppliers, lodges, hotels, and all other properties, to receive up-to-date first-hand information and updates from Africa.
- We recommend clients keep up to date too, by accessing the websites of the WHO and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
*Please note that, as the situation is constantly changing, we’ll update this post as often as possible. It will be as accurate as possible, but we reserve the right not to be bound by information that later emerges as erroneous.